Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First prosecution for non-registered

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

i'm sure he's not too happy to see his picture splashed all over the internet

is that even a 230v panel he's working on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Apparently just do in a quick nixer on courthouse alarm panel before his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Not much detail there. Was he pretending to be an electrician??? Did he have reci and ecssa signs on his van, business card?? Id like to see more info on this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The Journal.ie is not renowned for its accuracy.

It is not the first procession by CER of an individual pretending to be a Registered Electrical Contractor.
    There was also this case.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

While Googling this topic I found this interesting warning from the PSA (Private Security Authority) to its members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

is that even a 230v panel he's working on?

Doubt that's his photo. That is a data panel he is working on. Check out the source of the photo.

the wholesalers will be introducing a new system shortly whereby you will have to show proof of being a REC to purchase items such as mcbs and distribution boards

socket outlets and pendants will be limited to 2 per order for non-recs to prevent restricted works being carried out

i suppose you can always purchase items online

the wholesalers will be introducing a new system shortly whereby you will have to show proof of being a REC to purchase items such as mcbs and distribution boards

socket outlets and pendants will be limited to 2 per order for non-recs to prevent restricted works being carried out

Yes electrical wholesalers are going to turn down cash paying customers so that they can go out of business. For some unknown reason all of the electrical wholesalers have put their differences apart teamed up and decided to police the selling of MCBs and other electrical components forcing people to buy them on the blackmarket. Rumour has it that street traders in Moore Street will be able to supply the unregistered with fuses, MCBs and connectors. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Are they really going to do this , if so why? they have always knowingly sold to people not in the trade. I always understood that they had an agreement not to but that they just did anyway.

I cant see it lasting TBH, its a bit like not selling a knife to someone so that they cant stab someone, its what you do with the goods that make it illegal not owning them, you could be buying them to give to a registered person to install for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Hahaha is that a joke??? Sure they are barely keeping their heads above water as it is the last few years. 3 of them have either closed down or moved/downsized to a parent building near where im based. Meteor up the north and others across the pond would clean up. Its not going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The drug squad will be searching cars for mcbs next.

i was kidding

presumably the offence that attracted attention here was impersonating a REC

i was kidding

I believe you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

BTW where in Dublin can you buy MK brand fittings e.g. immersion switch, wall socket and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

BTW where in Dublin can you buy MK brand fittings e.g. immersion switch, wall socket and the like.

Sorry. Need proof of registration first before request can be even considered;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

There is a detailed report of the prosecution on the CER website

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Cerco wrote: »
    Doubt that's his photo. That is a data panel he is working on. Check out the source of the photo.

Look more like a kentec fire alarm panel or fire suppression panel.

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »

NEW, Eurosales, EWL, Kellighers, any proper electrical wholesaler.

You may get a few bits in Woodies and B & Q if you feel like getting ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Can I legally rewire my own panel?

Xennon wrote: »
    Can I legally rewire my own panel?

Once it is mains voltage, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Really??

Even knowing that Id do a better job than the monkey that originally did it?

Advertisement