Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollow Tine Lawn Aerator - any good

• 03-11-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm looking for a lawn aerator that will actually take cores out as opposed to merely prodding holes.

I see one on an irish website with 5 - 13cm x 2 cm hollow tines reduced to €19. (I can't post links or pictures yet as <50 posts).

Has anyone used one like this ? I know it is hard work but if they work I'd be interested as every year our front lawn is covered in moss and compacted after the winter. I scarified the lawn 10 days ago also which got rid of a lot of thatch etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I've never used the hand tool but the machines work great. Is your lawn too small to rent one for a few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 self3137

I could deffo do with a machine for the back lawn, the front wud probably be manageable manually.

I think the lawns badly need it done but wud have to see what sort of rental charges there are.

Advertisement