Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer query

Options
  • 03-11-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Currently in process of buying a new house. First time buyer 30% deposit and contracts are gone off for amendments a queries pre signing.

The vendor has text me to tell me that I can use the allowances that are on the house for kitchen's etc and get anyone I like to do the kitchen for us , same with fireplace and flooring and he will sort the payment with them.. and I can back it extra should we want more extensive works done.

At what stage should I go about picking the kitchen and supplier of Same ?

When the contracts are ready for signing or should I be doing it now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Spend no money till contracts are signed by both parties, if you are getting the opportunity to access the house and get materials costed thats great for your end of things and kudos to the seller.
    Be sure that your suppliers are happy with the arrangements made by your selling contractor.
    When contracts are signed go gung Ho much easier on you when moving in to have work completed prior.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement