Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone viewing your account details

Options
  • 03-11-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi everyone,

I was on to BOI 365 regarding changing my online password because someone close to me knew my current account balance. They assured me that there is no way any one could know these details unless they had my password.

After changing my password and being very careful with atm receipts and e statements etc, this same person still ha knowledge of my balance ( and it was different from the previous month)

My question is how could one possibly have this information?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

Does that person have access to the computer you logon to?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 iwillarise

Tow wrote: »
    Does that person have access to the computer you logon to?
    No they dont. I can't fathom them hacking me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

iwillarise wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I was on to BOI 365 regarding changing my online password because someone close to me knew my current account balance. They assured me that there is no way any one could know these details unless they had my password.

After changing my password and being very careful with atm receipts and e statements etc, this same person still ha knowledge of my balance ( and it was different from the previous month)

My question is how could one possibly have this information?

Thanks
    Hi iwillarise, 

Thanks for posting.

The first thing we would advise is changing your Bank of Ireland 365 PIN again by calling BOI365 on 0818365365/ +35314044000 and selecting options 1, 5 and 3. You can also change the contact number used to log on to your accounts by pressing the *key on your phone and speaking to a BOI365 representative. 

Do you use a password manager or other software that stores your online passwords? If so, we would strongly advise removing 365 Online password information from the application. 

We also advise clearing your cache. This process differs from browser to browser. A quick online search can help with this. 

Bank of Ireland will never send emails asking customers to log on to their accounts via an email link. If you receive such an email, please forward it to here 

If you have clicked a link in an email and logged onto our accounts, please call BOI365 immediately.  

We have detailed information on anti-virus, firewalls and how to stay safe online here

The makeITsecure website also has some good security information here

If you would like us to arrange a call-back to discuss your account, please send a PM with your name, contact number and the branch where our account is held. 

Thanks

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 38 iwillarise

Billy, 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to send you a PM but was unable to as it says you are unable to receive them. 

Is there any other way I can contact you, as 365 is inundated with calls at present ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

iwillarise wrote: »
    Billy, 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to send you a PM but was unable to as it says you are unable to receive them. 

Is there any other way I can contact you, as 365 is inundated with calls at present ?
    Hi, can you ensure that signatures are set to Display in your control panel and also that Private Messaging is enabled. You should then be able to click on the link in my signature and send a PM. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement