Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any LOGS around the celbridge area??

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone might have old logs they dont want or know of a 'downed' tree worth
    cutting up?
    Cheers

R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

What do you want to do with them - not firewood I hope !?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

what else why?

what else why?

See the title of this forum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

This is the Woodcraft forum, we use logs for making furniture and other functional items such as woodturned bowls. . Mentioning using logs for firewood in here is considered blasphemy haha

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Oops, Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

Oops, Sorry about that.

You hit a raw nerve. I posted about two years ago about a tree surgeon who downed four elm trees in front of my house and then proceeded to cut them up for firewood.I managed to save about half a tree ( I had asked him previously when I knew they were elms ) but there was considerable aggro. Nothing is sacred it seems when it comes to filthy lucre.

Advertisement