Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Offer

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So I'm looking to get flights to Cologne from Dublin in December.
    On the return flight it's saying that there's only one flight left at a certain fare, but I heard that all flights are 25% off tomorrow....

Can someone in the know advise me on whether I should buy them tonight at their current fare?
    Or risk waiting for the 25% off tomorrow that I'm unsure about - I'm especially worried about the One Seat at This Fare thing...does that mean that prices go up once that seat is sold OR that it is the last seat available on the flight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

shels_m wrote: »
    So I'm looking to get flights to Cologne from Dublin in December.
    On the return flight it's saying that there's only one flight left at a certain fare, but I heard that all flights are 25% off tomorrow....

Can someone in the know advise me on whether I should buy them tonight at their current fare?
    Or risk waiting for the 25% off tomorrow that I'm unsure about - I'm especially worried about the One Seat at This Fare thing...does that mean that prices go up once that seat is sold OR that it is the last seat available on the flight?

Do you have it in writing anywhere about the sale? I recently purchased a flight, albeit with AerLingus. Informed last one at that price so bought it. Went back onto the site numerous times since, same flight/date and today they have some sort of sale and total is coming in lower than I paid.
    Prices had initially increased on the days after I purchased though. Just meant last one at that price, and not just the last on flight.

But, on that basis of the sale, I'd wait :)
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shels_m

My boyfriend got an email, I'm getting him to forward it to me :).

Fair enough, I just don't want to leave it and risk missing out on the flights altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I got the email too - it's only for flights in January.

"From midnight tonight, we're offering you a massive 25% discount off all flights for travel in January!

T&Cs: Starts: 00:01 GMT 04.11.14 Ends: 23:59 GMT 04.11.14. Excludes Business Plus. For Travel in January 2015 only."

I never fully trust the airline sales, but if it's a choice between getting it (a flight in January) today and getting it for 25% off tomorrow then I would wait till tomorrow. If I had to wait a week or two, or it was 10% then I might just go ahead & book it, but for 25% (I know it's off an amount you won't know until tomorrow) then I would wait.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shels_m

Ah fair enough!

I might wait until tomorrow then. But definitely buy them then to make sure I don't miss out on the lower prices! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just used the offer. Got return flights from Dublin to Prague for 2 in January for €137. Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Damn you anyway :P

(not going to Prague til Feb :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

hdowney wrote: »
    Damn you anyway :P

(not going to Prague til Feb :( )

I had been looking at Feb too for my girlfriend's birthday but I don't think she'll mind getting her present a bit earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

All of the travel business is into high pressure selling, it goes on all the time. People are far too easily panicked into thinking they won't get such a good deal on the cruise/flight/holiday tomorrow.

Advertisement