Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Moving Problems

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I'll try to keep this brief:

I recently moved home.  Prior to moving, I completed Eircom's online Moving House form.  I was contacted a few days later by an Eircom representative who wanted to process a cancellation of my account.  I explained that I didn't want to cancel anything and that I was simply moving house.  He said that he would get somebody else to call me.  I never heard anything.

Two weeks later, I contacted Eircom again and (after being disconnected twice and holding for 47 minutes) finally spoke with an agent who apologised and said that it was originally processed incorrectly but that he would sort it and that an engineer would contact me in 5 to 10 days to arrange connection.  Unsurprisingly, I have still heard nothing.  I can only assume that he lied to me.

We have now moved house over three weeks ago and we still have no telephone or broadband at our new address.

All I received was a 'Welcome to Eircom' letter which assumed that I was a brand new customer.

I know that Eircom has a poor reputation for customer service, however, the incompetent way that this has been handled has been simply incredulous.  

Please let me know who to PM with my details as I wanted this sorted without any further unnecessary delay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

silverwood wrote: »
    I'll try to keep this brief:

I recently moved home.  Prior to moving, I completed Eircom's online Moving House form.  I was contacted a few days later by an Eircom representative who wanted to process a cancellation of my account.  I explained that I didn't want to cancel anything and that I was simply moving house.  He said that he would get somebody else to call me.  I never heard anything.

Two weeks later, I contacted Eircom again and (after being disconnected twice and holding for 47 minutes) finally spoke with an agent who apologised and said that it was originally processed incorrectly but that he would sort it and that an engineer would contact me in 5 to 10 days to arrange connection.  Unsurprisingly, I have still heard nothing.  I can only assume that he lied to me.

We have now moved house over three weeks ago and we still have no telephone or broadband at our new address.

All I received was a 'Welcome to Eircom' letter which assumed that I was a brand new customer.

I know that Eircom has a poor reputation for customer service, however, the incompetent way that this has been handled has been simply incredulous.  

Please let me know who to PM with my details as I wanted this sorted without any further unnecessary delay.

Hi silverwood

Really sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your tele no & new address please I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Advertisement