If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon X2100 & Pioneer 924

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:40pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

What are the best delivered prices on both of these please.

Chris

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Hi

Chris
    Hi Hyzepher.

Thanks for getting in touch.

The Pioneer VSx924 is currently priced at 499.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200655-vsx924.aspx
    We have just received these into store a few days ago and have one up and running and it sounds fantastic!!

The Denon is priced at 569.99 Euro (Again Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200718-avrx2100.aspx

Both unit are in stock and ready to ship.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions please let me know.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Chris
    Hyzepher,

apologies for the delay getting back to you!

The Denon AVRX2100 is £449.95 / €556.99 (the euro price includes delivery anywhere in Ireland)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200718-avrx2100.aspx

The Pioneer VSX924 is £429.95 / €499.99 ( again the euro price includes delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200655-vsx924.aspx

That VSX924 sounds great and is exceptional value in Euro as I understand that it retails at €599 in the ROI and the sterling conversion of our price should be approx. €550+

We have both available from stock so just keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

My understanding is that there wouldn't be too much between them in terms of functionality - would that be fair?

My understanding is that there wouldn't be too much between them in terms of functionality - would that be fair?
    Very little between them - the Denon AVRX2100 does have an additional HDMI input ( total of 8!!) and they both have 2 HDMI outs so they are really well equipped in terms of inputs / outs - I know that you are a bit of a Pioneer fan but I do think that the AVRX2100 pips the VSX924 slightly especially if you listen to music as it sounds fantastic in stereo mode - the other issue ( which may not be important to you) is that you can expand the AVRX2100 into a full multi-room system as it integrates into the Denon HEOS system really well! Have a look here: http://euro.richersounds.ie/c-111-HeosMultiRoomAudio.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hyzepher, yes, you would be quite correct.

The main difference between the two in terms of features is that the Denon has built in wifi, whereas the Pioneer requires a little dongle to activate the wifi but it comes in the box. They are very closely matched in terms of connections with the Denon offering 1 extra HDMI with 8 compared to 7. They both have dual HDMI outputs and Spotify connect, bluetooth, airplay etc etc.

The Denon is rated at slightly lower on the output stakes compared to the Pioneer but they both have more than enough power to fill a good sized room.

The Pioneer has 9 speaker outputs on the rear compared to the 7 of Denon as Pioneer allow you to use the front high / wide speakers. This allows for you to run a 7.1 system and have another pair of stereo speakers in another room or you can run with front high or front wide speakers and add to the surround system.

They are really closely matched apart from these things.

The AVRX2100 is more tuned for music whereas the Pioneer is a really impressive sound home cinema receiver which does pretty well with music also and of the two would be my choice.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/pioneer-vsx-924-review/19075

This was a review of the 924 by home cinema choice.

I hope that helps but if we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

ha ha - for one Dave and I agree on something!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Just out of interest how would a Yamaha A830 compare to these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hyzepher.

The Yamaha has a type of sound that's very different to the Pioneer.

It's not got the same level of detail as the Pioneer and I own a Yamaha so I should be biased but genuinely that Pioneer is brilliant.

The Yamaha is very good but I don't feel that it's worth the extra spends.

ATB

Dave

OK Dave - on holidays to US tomorrow so I'll contact you about the Pioneer when I get back

OK Dave - on holidays to US tomorrow so I'll contact you about the Pioneer when I get back
    :D - You lucky thing,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Has that Pioneer just had a juicy price-cut? :eek:

full delivery price please. 

Just pulled the trigger on this via website. 

Such great value

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just pulled the trigger on this via website. 

Such great value
    Hi Hyzepher.

Thank you very much.

Order has been processed and should ship at the start of the week. Any changes to this we will be straight in touch.

Any update on the progress of this?

Any update on the progress of this?
    Hi Hyzephyr,

Thanks for the post, apologies for the delay getting back to you AND for the delay in your order - unfortunately we ARE behind after a bit of a frantic weekend but your order is on route and should be with you Friday - I'll ask Dave to send you a tracking reference as soon as he gets hold of it but it will be latest tomorrow,

Apologies again - we were taken aback especially by the business through www.richersounds.ie and this really has caught us on the hop - I'm trying to get systems in place in the next 24 hours to ensure we initially catch up and next that it doesn't happen again - but in the meantime, apologies and of course drop me a line if you would like to discuss it further,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.