Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bathroom needs upgrade

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

See attached photo.

My electric shower pull cord isolation switch is close to the shower but outside the spray area - is this acceptable? If not where should the switch go? On a wall outside?

The cast iron cast bath below the shower is earthed - is this correct?

The light fitting is a mains lamp. Presumably this needs some IP rating? Please advise.

I am looking at getting spotlights fitted over the mirror - should they by low voltage or is mains ok with proper ip rating.

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

the picture is gone from your posting, but from memory..

the metal bath is connected to the bathroom local bonding system unless it's "not" extraneous-you can confirm that with an IR tester

i think your pull-cord is OK if it's above 2-25m height(that puts it in zone 3)

mains lights over sink and ceiling- i don't think there's any special requirements re: IP rating,but IP44 would be preferable over sink

- the bulbs should be enclosed with a cover when mounted in bathroom zones

-independent rcd for bathroom lighting-i don't think this would apply to replacement of a existing bathroom light fitting

Advertisement