Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gsm stopped working

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a gsm unit installed on my hkc secure watch alarm panel. I have the outside lights working from an output of the gsm via a relay. I opened the gsm to see if the other outputs where available as I wanted to run a second light from a different output. When I closed everything up and put the keypad back to normal ( I had it in engineer mode to stop it beeping for open tampers ) I sent it a text and it won't operate. I tried all text commands and nothing works. I went in to the settings and sent my phone the test text and that works perfectly. I even topped up the SIM card but its still not working. I opened the gsm and checked all connections and everything is ok. Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I have a gsm unit installed on my hkc secure watch alarm panel. I have the outside lights working from an output of the gsm via a relay. I opened the gsm to see if the other outputs where available as I wanted to run a second light from a different output. When I closed everything up and put the keypad back to normal ( I had it in engineer mode to stop it beeping for open tampers ) I sent it a text and it won't operate. I tried all text commands and nothing works. I went in to the settings and sent my phone the test text and that works perfectly. I even topped up the SIM card but its still not working. I opened the gsm and checked all connections and everything is ok. Any ideas please

If you are receiving the test text and no settings have being changed then it should still be working.
    I would try down powering both units and then power them back up and test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks. It came back to life about an hour after I finished looking at it. Another query I have is I have a relay wired to bring on my outside lights if the alarm goes off. When I got the gsm installed the guy paralleled a 12v supply to the relay from the "lights on" output. I wanted to add a second set of lights via a relay from another output but for some reason the 4 outputs all have wires in them. Nothing is spare. When I go in to the gsm settings output one is alarm output two is lights output three is gates ( timer output ) and output four is blank. Why is all outputs being used ?

Thanks. It came back to life about an hour after I finished looking at it. Another query I have is I have a relay wired to bring on my outside lights if the alarm goes off. When I got the gsm installed the guy paralleled a 12v supply to the relay from the "lights on" output. I wanted to add a second set of lights via a relay from another output but for some reason the 4 outputs all have wires in them. Nothing is spare. When I go in to the gsm settings output one is alarm output two is lights output three is gates ( timer output ) and output four is blank. Why is all outputs being used ?

Dont know. Can you trace where the cables go back too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Ok got it sorted. Took my time tracing all the wiring and bingo got it up and running. Had to change the output type on the gsm via the keypad to " heat". So now when I text "heat on" my big son-t floodlights comes on lol. One thing that I couldn't figure out. On my outside lights "lights on" when the alarm is activated it brings on the lights too. There is a wire going from the "alarm" output number 3 on the main panel (just below the internal bell ➕➖) to the negative of the 12v relay to do this. Can I bring on my floodlights too when the alarm is activated. If I connect a wire from output 3 on the main panel to my new relay won't it bring on both relays when I text either one by the negatives being connected together. Is the a way of getting a second output from the panel to ring an independent negative to my second relay

Ok got it sorted. Took my time tracing all the wiring and bingo got it up and running. Had to change the output type on the gsm via the keypad to " heat". So now when I text "heat on" my big son-t floodlights comes on lol. One thing that I couldn't figure out. On my outside lights "lights on" when the alarm is activated it brings on the lights too. There is a wire going from the "alarm" output number 3 on the main panel (just below the internal bell ➕➖) to the negative of the 12v relay to do this. Can I bring on my floodlights too when the alarm is activated. If I connect a wire from output 3 on the main panel to my new relay won't it bring on both relays when I text either one by the negatives being connected together. Is the a way of getting a second output from the panel to ring an independent negative to my second relay

It is just triggered off an output off the panel when the alarm activates. The same is done when you turn on the light by texting the alarm. It triggers the output to switch the mains supply to the light to turn it on and off. Any spare output can be programmed if you need another one set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement