Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy test Limerick?

• 03-11-2014 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer any guidance? Anytime I drink beer, Guinness etc, it goes right through me.

I was thinking of getting an allergy test, but I am not sure what type to get.
    Should I just go to my GP and ask for one?

I know you can get kits in some health shops in town, but they're €150!

I'd want to be certain I know exactly what I'm getting and what I'm looking for from it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

seachto7 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any guidance? Anytime I drink beer, Guinness etc, it goes right through me.

I was thinking of getting an allergy test, but I am not sure what type to get.
    Should I just go to my GP and ask for one?

I know you can get kits in some health shops in town, but they're €150!

I'd want to be certain I know exactly what I'm getting and what I'm looking for from it.

GP or Pharmacy offer testing. I think Doc Morris on Willam St. offer the testing. I've no idea on the price of it though. More often than not your GP will be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I am due to go for checkup anyways, so might ask the GP about it. I can't recall the last time I was there if we discussed it, even though I got a blood test as well.

Advertisement