Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR 10 G spec question

• 03-11-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi ,

I bought a tm g spec which I am very happy with. Skirmished at the weekend and loved it great accuracy and range. This evening I was chrono-ing the gun turned the hop all the way off and the bbs started falling out of the barrel?? Is this normal ? I took it apart checked everything and all seems to be ok but this is annoying. They don't fall out when hop is on? It's only 5 days since I bought it?

Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

RossB182 wrote: »
    Hi ,

I bought a tm g spec which I am very happy with. Skirmished at the weekend and loved it great accuracy and range. This evening I was chrono-ing the gun turned the hop all the way off and the bbs started falling out of the barrel?? Is this normal ? I took it apart checked everything and all seems to be ok but this is annoying. They don't fall out when hop is on? It's only 5 days since I bought it?

Please help!!

Well the hop up applies spin so with it on, the BB's will travel much further. When you say they're falling out of the barrel, what exactly do you mean? do you mean that with it off they roll out of the barrel if the rifle is pointed down or they just don't travel very far when the rifle is fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RossB182

What I mean is when the hop up is fully off. When the gun is pointed toward floor the bb rolled out of barrel??

It's sorted rang airsoft eire this is normal with all g specs thanks for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

RossB182 wrote: »
    It's sorted rang airsoft eire this is normal with all g specs thanks for reply

i'm pretty sure that's not 'normal' mate.
    There's a piece in the sniper rifle that stops BB's rolling out like that, i think it may be damaged.
    If this was 'normal' the rifle wouldn't be skirmishable.

When the hop is on just a little they don't fall out and fires pretty consistently. It variate between 279 and 281 fps. Then why would the guy tell me that's normal? I really should make contact with them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

This is normal because the VSR ho-up bucking in its construction does not have the collar that would prevent the bb's from falling out when the hop is not applied.

mafo wrote: »
    This is normal because the VSR ho-up bucking in its construction does not have the collar that would prevent the bb's from falling out when the hop is not applied.

Thank you for clearing that up. There is no where online that explains this. It seems to be a common personality trait of the vsr that is not spoken off which should be but hopefully people stumble upon this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonlad3

is there a fix for this or will it all ways happen?

If it ain't broken don't fix it! There is mods to stop this but why when you need to clean barrel you will have to remove it so hop is completely off. Just turn hop up. A few clicks to chrono simples!

Advertisement