Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

anyone ever heard of an icrow number???

• 03-11-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Mymother brought an iphone into a shop in town to get it unlocked for her network. The girl in the shop said she could do it but she needs to get the icrow number before she can use it. My mother thought she ws mishearing what she said but the girl said icrow like the bird in the sky. I havent a bloody clue what she ws on about any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

thehamo wrote: »
    Mymother brought an iphone into a shop in town to get it unlocked for her network. The girl in the shop said she could do it but she needs to get the icrow number before she can use it. My mother thought she ws mishearing what she said but the girl said icrow like the bird in the sky. I havent a bloody clue what she ws on about any ideas?
    Imei number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If your ma checks with her operator (o2, vodafone, etc etc) she may get it unlocked cheap or free from them depending on contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

jamesd wrote: »
    Imei number

Thats a definite is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The girl in the shop should have been able to get this number from the phone itself. http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht4061
    Go somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

thehamo wrote: »
    Thats a definite is it?
    It's what most people need to get an iPhone unlocked is just the imei, you can get it from the phone via settings, general, about and look for IMEI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity number, part of the GSM standard, each mobile phone has a unique one.

...and yes, it is used by networks to identify handsets for network unlocking, so it's the one you want in this scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

*#06#. IMEI retrieval on ANY phone. Quickest way by far.

Advertisement