Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa!

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We're running our annual Secret Santa thread over in the main forum, and as we LOVE to see more unusual pets taking part, I thought I'd post this here in the hopes that some of ye might like to take part with your non dog or cat pets* :)

Here's a link to the thread, looking forward to seeing ye there!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92888010#post92888010

*Please, please let there be a stick insect.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

DBB wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We're running our annual Secret Santa thread over in the main forum, and as we LOVE to see more unusual pets taking part, I thought I'd post this here in the hopes that some of ye might like to take part with your non dog or cat pets* :)

Here's a link to the thread, looking forward to seeing ye there!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92888010#post92888010

*Please, please let there be a stick insect.:o

I've a stick insect called Jacky. I must get a photo for you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I've a stick insect called Jacky. I must get a photo for you

Lol, pllleeeeease enter him into the Secret Santa! I soooo want to see what someone would buy a stick insect for Christmas :D
    Jacky is a fab name for a stick insect! How long do they live for? Would love to know a little more about them!

Jacky is nearly an adult, I got him and a few others over the summer but he is the only one left. They generally live for a year but if looked after well can last a few years. There is nothing really involved in looking after them. Once kept warm and sprayed with mist they do fine. Ours eat ivy and brambles, the hardest part is making sure the plants are free from spiders and insecticides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I entered my beardies and my horse

Here's Jacky…

15688760146_be45e413c1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement