Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very quick question

Options
  • 04-11-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

As the title says I have a very quick question, if you fail ONE exam does that mean you fail the whole year? I had a maths tests which I only got 6 percent in (I scored so low because we were not allowed to use calculators and the leaving cert made me always use them so I could never do maths without one), does this mean I fail my entire maths module??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Obvious start point but CA's aren't going to cause you to fail the year if you don't do well in them. Even if you got enough to pass from the final exam that's grand.

If you fail one subject and pass everything else you can pass by compensation. You just need to be within the 35-39% range and if you can take 8% off another passed subject you'll pass, depending on the lecturer. Sometimes poor attendances and poor performance in the CA would keep lecturers from passing you. In the off chance that happens you'd have to repeat in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I know in 4th Year if you fall an exam you can get no higher than a pass in your degree.

Advertisement