Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh Laurie

Options
  • 04-11-2014 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Have spotted a few of his albums online and in stores.

anyond here a fan/listen to his music?

whats the verdict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,155 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Some good videos on youtube of him dueting with Jools Holland, he is quite good, his blues album( Didn't it Rain) is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

I actually heard it on an flight too turkey, the chairs had the in the back with movies, music and games I came across his name and although it's not what I'd usually go for I have to say, it is good, you can probably find him on YouTube too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Went to see him (was actually dragged along to see him!!) in London last year along with his Copper Bottom Band.

Frankly it was disgusting........

.......that someone should be so talented. First comedy, then the acting and then it turns out he does a mean live jazz and blues gig! It's a bit weird to watch an Oxford educated middle-class Englishman play blues piano and doing a decent turn on vocals.

I doubt I would've gone if it was someone whose name I didn't recognise but it was a surprisingly enjoyable evening. I'd say the album is worth a listen to and if he came here I'd go see him again as long as the venue was one of the smaller ones and the tickets weren't off the wall in terms of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I like the songs he sings in Jeeves and Wooster.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

My husband bought his first album a few years ago and we really enjoyed it. The second one is good as well. I find them just real easy listening. Would definitely go to see him if he was playing here but he doesn't seem to come over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement