Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfect Fit / Intu Blinds

• 04-11-2014 7:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have tilt and turn windows, and am considering Perfect Fit or Intu blinds. (these mount onto the window frame so covering just the glass rather than the full window)
    e..g http://www.intublinds.co.uk or http://www.louvolite.com/product-range/perfect-fit-blinds.aspx

I've never seen them a real usage, only on display in stores and on sales websites, but very few reviews.

Would like to get an opinion on them from somebody who actually has them. Does anybody have these kind of blinds? Any good?

Tim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭garbanzo

timod wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have tilt and turn windows, and am considering Perfect Fit or Intu blinds. (these mount onto the window frame so covering just the glass rather than the full window)
    e..g http://www.intublinds.co.uk or http://www.louvolite.com/product-range/perfect-fit-blinds.aspx

I've never seen them a real usage, only on display in stores and on sales websites, but very few reviews.

Would like to get an opinion on them from somebody who actually has them. Does anybody have these kind of blinds? Any good?

Tim

Hey Tim, I'm in the market for these too. We have a set of French doors with window panels on either side which we need to get done. How did it turn out for you? Happy with price and quality?Who did you go with etc...

Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Hey Garbanzo,

Just saw your reply - yep, went with Perfect fit. - I got them installed with pleated blinds.

As a product in general, I think they're pretty good - fit nicely into to the window frame, and look great.

One issue was that they only come in certain colours, (brown and white I think). My black window frames weren't a default, so had to get them custom sprayed - so added a bit onto the cost.

Another disadvantage is with tall windows - you open them by lifting from the bottom of the blind, so for one of my full length windows, I have to bend down to the floor to open it, and similarly, to open fully, have to stand on something, rather a cord/chain with standard blinds.

They definitely suit narrower windows rather than wide ones, sometimes in my wider windows, when I lift, I have to reposition it, so it's level. (perhaps it's because I have pleated, rather than roller/venetian)

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AliceWalker16

Hi,

I am looking at getting perfect fit blinds. How are yours working for you? Do you mind me asking what the average cost was for them?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hi,

I am looking at getting perfect fit blinds. How are yours working for you? Do you mind me asking what the average cost was for them?

Thanks

Not sure if you have gone ahead with this as yet.
    I took a chance recently and ordered off web-blinds.ie or .com
    They are part of or an agent of Hilarys Blinds.

I got them to cover a tilt swing door as well as the door sized glass next to it leading onto a patio. So they are UPVC doors with glass centers rather than smaller sized windows.

The sizes were as follows:
    • Slat width 25mm
    • Measurement Type cm
    • Width 66.4
    • Drop 193.5
    • Slat width 25mm
    • Measurement Type cm
    • Width 53.1
    • Drop 180

And it cost me 227euro including delivery via dpd. Total time from order to delivery was 9 days. 8 days if you consider that i placed the order late enough in the day at 9pm.

I measured, ordered and fitted them myself. Not terribly difficult at all. In fact couldn't be easier.

I had a terrible experience with clonsilla blinds previously and the installer/surveyor said that they could install blinds onto my windows/doors by drilling into the UPVC to secure them. And that was the only option available from anyone.

Luckily i did not listen to those morons and did a bit of research and came across the Perfect Fit stuff. Youtube helped tremendously with regards to measuring and subsequently fitting them once delivered.

I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to anything...especially when i'm spending my own money on something.

Nonetheless it couldn't have been easier. It took me about 45mins to assemble and install both of them. That included some time agonising over whether i was doing things correctly or whether i had measured properly.

Everything turned out perfectly.

Definitely something you should look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

Hi there, hoping somebody can help me, we have aluclad windows. They have a lovely wood frame on the inside that i dont want covered with a blind. Only want to cover the glass part. I have looked at the luxaflex blinds in a few blind shops and they are so expensive, 1800 euros to do 6 windows, the windows are contemporary style, tilt and turn type...4 feet by 4 feet. Any cheaper suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

brookers wrote: »
    Hi there, hoping somebody can help me, we have aluclad windows. They have a lovely wood frame on the inside that i dont want covered with a blind. Only want to cover the glass part. I have looked at the luxaflex blinds in a few blind shops and they are so expensive, 1800 euros to do 6 windows, the windows are contemporary style, tilt and turn type...4 feet by 4 feet. Any cheaper suggestions?

Perhaps try the Perfect Fit blinds as per my post above?
    I've ordered them again for my main patio and they've all worked out perfect.

Advertisement