Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food van Kill? Best breakfast rolls?

Options
  • 04-11-2014 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard off a few people these are the best breakfast rolls around.

Decided I'd stop off on my way home from work this morning to try one but to no avail couldn't find it or it wasn't there.

Can anyone tell me where exactly it does be and from what times? Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heading from Rathcoole, turn off at castlewarden. Take the first right, to bring you towards kill, and it should be a short spin down there, not beyond the petrol station on the main road, if ya get me. Haven't had a sambo there in years, back when the n7 was 2 lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I hope so. I tried in around the topaz at kill exit 7 off the n7 this morning to no avail.

I'll try again in the morning.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Junction before that, outbound, there's a road that runs parallel to the n7 and joins after topaz. They're usually there

Not there again feck it.

I'm probably going to early in the morning.

Thanks though at least I know we're to look now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

He does be there usually between 07:30 - 08:00 on some mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Drove by there this morning but no sighn. It was 07.00 though so it may have been a bit early.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Saw this thread.....so decided to try it.....as it's only around the corner and I've never known about it till now! .oh yes great grub and great value. Lovely friendly guy! Thanks op! Would thoroughly recommend.....

Yea managed to get one myself and certainly worth the wait much better than anything you'd get in your average deli.

I got the soda Farl with everything on it!!!! So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Food van Kill?

BAD FOOD VAN, BAD !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Tempted to try this myself. Will be driving from Newbridge towards Dublin. So turn off at J7 or J6?

Much of a muchness....it's probably almost halfway between the two....beats any centra or spar stuff hands down!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Tempted to try this myself. Will be driving from Newbridge towards Dublin. So turn off at J7 or J6?

Take the castlewarden turn. No ideas about numbers, it didn't have a number before the bridge was there. It was just the kilteel road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I read

road kill

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've tried to find this guy 4 or 5 times and he's never there. What times did you lot get him at?

Tried again this morning... No joy. Does he exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I have to laugh Mick. You're commited on getting one of this guys breakfast rolls. :pac:

They are yum though!

I have to laugh Mick. You're commited on getting one of this guys breakfast rolls. 

I love a good breakfast roll. if anyone knows him tell him I'll be driving by at 08.30 tomorrow morning.

Tried to find him again this morning. Below is the route I took ... is he based along this route or have I been looking in the wrong place this whole time?

http://i.imgur.com/bS7VJzb.png

• Advertisement

That looks right, but I think its your timing that's wrong. I don't think he's there that early. Mind you, haven't seen him since Christmas, so not sure hes still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

I took a chance this morning,i have tried before, you ll be glad to know
    mickotoole... he is just back yesterday, has not been around since christmas, problems with his back.
    It was worth the wait, really nice breakfast roll with a lovely piping cuppa.
    Philip is his name,really nice guy. you can get his number if you like and call ahead,grab and go as he calls it. 9-3 o clock are his times.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

I took a chance this morning,i have tried before, you ll be glad to know
    mickotoole... he is just back yesterday, has not been around since christmas, problems with his back.
    It was worth the wait, really nice breakfast roll with a lovely piping cuppa.
    Philip is his name,really nice guy. you can get his number if you like and call ahead,grab and go as he calls it. 9-3 o clock are his times.

Can you stick up a Google map of exact location pls

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Exit 6 for castlewarden badker, cross over the carriageway, if your coming from the south,head torwards kill. On google maps,N7 blackchurch, you will see his wagon at the bottom of the screen.

In mickotooles map his spot is just down from the second roundabout

oh must go and get another one. The day I went I was a bit hung over so I told him to make me something nice on the way in (late to work) so he made me bacon, sausage, pudding, egg on a delicious soda farl. It was so filling I could not eat for the rest of the day.

Agree he is a lovely guy, up for the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

badker wrote: »
    Can you stick up a Google map of exact location pls

I have never seen him or eaten there but from descriptions of his location given to me by friends, I think this is him, perhaps someone will confirm.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2556377,-6.5597256,59m/data=!3m1!1e3

That looks like him allright.

Theres really no science to finding it. Its the old road between Kill and Castlewarden, junction 6 and 7, so you cant miss it (if he's there)

If you come in from Kill and head towards castlewarden, you pass the back of the Topaz. Keep going till you get to the roundabout to come out back onto the N7 at Castlewarden. If you dont pass him on the way, he's not there.

Oh would love a brekkie roll now.

He is visible from the main road, N7 if you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anewme wrote: »
    That looks like him allright.

Theres really no science to finding it. Its the old road between Kill and Castlewarden, junction 6 and 7, so you cant miss it (if he's there)

If you come in from Kill and head towards castlewarden, you pass the back of the Topaz. Keep going till you get to the roundabout to come out back onto the N7 at Castlewarden. If you dont pass him on the way, he's not there.

Oh would love a brekkie roll now.

He is visible from the main road, N7 if you look.

+1 to this - he definately does exist. I think someone should show him this thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is he there on a Saturday?

• Advertisement

no.....dont see him Saturdays

Advertisement