Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage interest rates

Options
  • 04-11-2014 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

We are due to decide today if we wish to sign up for a 1 or 3yr fixed rate mortgage. The rates are 3.8% and 3.9%. What are people's thoughts on interest rates and the likelyhood of them decreasing further? Million dollar question I know, but any advice is welcome,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Well, banks are offering very attractive fixed rates... which they really only tend to do, if they plan to make money on those, by expecting the variable to drop.

It's all trying to double guess the banks. Hard to say, but if I had to put my money on it, I'd fix for a small amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

pwurple wrote: »
    Well, banks are offering very attractive fixed rates... which they really only tend to do, if they plan to make money on those, by expecting the variable to drop.

It's all trying to double guess the banks. Hard to say, but if I had to put my money on it, I'd fix for a small amount of time.

Yep. Peace of mind for the early years is worth paying a little for.

Advertisement