Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - 04/11 - TV3 - 7:45 - See Mod Note in OP

Comments

• bennyl10 wrote: »
    It was a valid question.. Are pool still in with a chance of progressing? And is it a decent one?

No need for that response

Unreal stuff. Pure pointless abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Bye bye Europe?? Wats the scores in the other games
    Slow as usual M!ck. Bye bye Europe was last year buddy

Usually i don't partake , but this time genuine LOL HAHA:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Win last 2 games and other results are irrelevant. Last 16

I think we need to beat Basle by at least 2. That is assuming Basle beat Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Better option than Balotelli at the moment!

Massive plus one.

Borini was good tonight. Shouldn't be dropped on Sat.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It was a valid question.. Are pool still in with a chance of progressing? And is it a decent one?

It's been said several times in the thread that if Liverpool win their last 2 games (and the Basel one by more than 1) then they are through no matter what else happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Win last 2 games and other results are irrelevant. Last 16

Was that such a hard thing to ask?..

Basel beat pool though? So if they beat Madrid/draw would they not go through? Evenif they lose at Anfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Decent performance.

Ultimately there's no point in being too effusive in praising mediocrity.

Promising for what's to come though.

Kolo was excellent - a good shout for MoTM. Moreno, Can, Lallana and Manquillo were all pretty nice.

While Madrid had chances and were wasteful, I don't think it was a shooting gallery either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is scholes playing pocket billiards?

Was that such a hard thing to ask?..

Basel beat pool though? So if they beat Madrid/draw would they not go through? Evenif they lose at Anfield?

http://us.soccerway.com/international/europe/uefa-champions-league/20142015/group-stage/r25773/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say a good few posters lost a few quid tonight when you seen all the predictions early on.

Wonder if the losing dockets be posted?

Good performance all round. The players that started have staked a claim for a spot in the first 11 and should put pressure on the 'first' 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

efb wrote: »
    Is scholes playing pocket billiards?

Well he always had trouble with his tackle!

5live wrote: »
    Wonder if the losing dockers be posted?

Good performance all round. The players that started have staked a claim for a spot in the first 11 and should put pressure on the 'first' 11.

Are the ever? :)

Agreed for your second point, very impressed with the lads who came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

ITV is comical, Liverpool have to be contenders for this Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Everytime Gerrard starts and liverpool lose - Pundits question why he is undroppable and blame him for the loss

Now Gerrard does not start a game and Liverpool lose - Pundits (ITV) bemoan Gerrard not starting and suggest the win was there for the taking if he started

I bloody hate the quality on football punditry. All cliches and contradictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'd say a good few posters lost a few quid tonight when you seen all the predictions early on.
    Crumpling up two losing dockets here now. Christmas is cancelled.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

And look no needless abuse attached either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Liverpool looked very solid defensively, think they would have got something out of that game with a bit more belief. Played very well for a supposed weakened team. Bale looked good for Madrid when he came on, Ronaldo looked very ordinary. Maybe that was partly due to Liverpools efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do they even need to win both games. A draw and a win against basle would probably be enough.

Pighead wrote: »
    Crumpling up two losing dockets here now. Christmas is cancelled.

No ham, just Turkey? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Does Brad Friedl sound like John Malcovich?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do they even need to win both games. A draw and a win against basle would probably be enough.

That is only if Real win all their games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Everytime Gerrard starts and liverpool lose - Pundits question why he is undroppable and blame him for the loss

Now Gerrard does not start a game and Liverpool lose - Pundits (ITV) bemoan Gerrard not starting and suggest the win was there for the taking if he started

I bloody hate the quality on football punditry. All cliches and contradictions.

I watch every Liverpool game, however ive never heard Gerrard receive this kind of appraisal. Ever.

British TV usually gushes about him after a decent performance, or else fail to point his error in a really poor performance, focusing their criticism elsewhere within the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Augmerson wrote: »
    I think we need to beat Basle by at least 2. That is assuming Basle beat Madrid.

Yeah what's the story here, does it come down to results against others or goal difference?

quarryman wrote: »
    Yeah what's the story here, does it come down to results against others or goal difference?

head to head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Put the house on a 4-0 Real win. Lost the house, the car, the kids, the wife, the dog but at least M!Ck^ is happy.

If he wanted to ask a question then why state bye bye Europe before knowing what the result was in the other game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Anyone know what the odds were for madrid to win and madrid -1 before it started?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id say there was a fair few bets on Ronnie to outscore liverpool lots of lads in work were on that one.

• If he wanted to ask a question then why state bye bye Europe before knowing what the result was in the other game

Do you know what question marks are for?

"Bye bye Europe??"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone know what the odds were for madrid to win and madrid -1 before it started?

4/7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If he wanted to ask a question then why state bye bye Europe before knowing what the result was in the other game

Bye bye Europe??? was the question.

Id say there was a fair few bets on Ronnie to outscore liverpool lots of lads in work were on that one.

Think I seen -3 a few times too.

Bookies cleaned up on that game

Understand the Difference between a statement and a question?
    (that's a question btw, note the '?')

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Done my bollox in on that game but fair play to the pool was a gutsy performance.

Understand the Difference between a statement and a question?
    (that's a question btw, note the '?')

It's even worse if it was a question as there's 2 games to go and only 3 points seperating 2nd and 4th.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoddle saying we would've won tonight if we had started our full team. Because that's what happened two weeks ago..

Done my bollox in on that game but fair play to the pool was a gutsy performance.

They played decent, but weren't wánking material :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Hoddle saying we would've won tonight if we had started our full team. Because that's what happened two weeks ago..

I get the feeling that SKY and ITV are just really saying "why didn't he start Gerrard?"

Gerrard's not 26 anymore.

Glen Hoddle should have stopped talking over a decade ago when he said handicapped people were paying a price for a previous life.

In that instant he became redundant in opinions that matter tbh

• Advertisement

It's even worse if it was a question as there's 2 games to go and only 3 points seperating 2nd and 4th.

Lose 3 games In UCL normally that's curtains.

Tbh If m!ck didn't ask I would have..

Very interesting end to the group though.

• rarnes1 wrote: »

So a request for information is even worse? How can you assume I have been following the group? I even asked what the scores were in the other game because I did not know.

Lose 3 games In UCL normally that's curtains.

Tbh If m!ck didn't ask I would have..

Very interesting end to the group though.

In fairness he knows more about liverpool than most liverpool fans know themselves.

So a request for information is even worse? How can you assume I have been following the group? I even asked what the scores were in the other game because I did not know.

Ah stop will ya.

Because I know you long enough on here Mick :)

Enjoy the highlights

Group and results here

http://us.soccerway.com/international/europe/uefa-champions-league/20142015/group-stage/r25773/

Well a better way to ask would have been

Does anyone know the score in the other game and does it mean Liverpool will be out of Europe?

Not Bye Bye Europe??

• Advertisement

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah stop will ya.

Classic niallo

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Because I know you long enough on here Mick :)

Enjoy the highlights

Group and results here

Thanks. That wasn't so hard now was it ;)

Apologies Mick , never answered this.

Game 1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92227680

Game 2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92435798

Game 3

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92722462

Don't ever change Mick :)

Anyway, highlights are on later from tonights game if you missed it. Wasn't a bad game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Toure played well.

Joe Allen was brutal.

At least Ronaldo didnt score.

• Well a better way to ask would have been

Does anyone know the score in the other game and does it mean Liverpool will be out of Europe?

Not Bye Bye Europe??

You poor pettle.
    There's no rules around what way a question is asked here now is there?

You got called on your first post because it was bull****. And now your arguing about the way I ask questions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement