Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - 04/11 - TV3 - 7:45 - See Mod Note in OP

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You poor pettle.
    There's no rules around what way a question is asked here now is there?

You got called on your first post because it was bull****. And now your arguing about the way I ask questions.

Strongly suggest everybody steps away from the computer for a second, this is going nowhere good.

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Apologies Mick , never answered this.

Game 1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92227680

Game 2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92435798

Game 3

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92722462

Don't ever change Mick :)

Anyway, highlights are on later from tonights game if you missed it. Wasn't a bad game

The effort... Lol

Oh and touche...Please don't change either rarnes1. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Whats a 'pettle'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Whats a 'pettle'?

The small leaves on a nettle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Well done to the lads.

If Madrid got it together in the final 3rd it could've been horrible, but it was solid enough.

Lucas and Toure were really superb. I love Kolo's tactic for nullifying Skrtel's penchant for fúcking up - just defend everything himself.

Gerrard was cack when he came on. we lost any control we had when he got on the ball. He can't help himself in Hollywooding it.

And I admit...Rodgers may have known better than me, though I still think he could've started Sterling at least.

I hope whoever plays on Saturday takes some confidence from tonight's spirited performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Posted a lot of this on twitter so might as well post it here :

Rodgers game plan was to minimize damage and he succeeded. But that doesn't get you points on the board.

Mignolet made some great saves but he couldn't catch a cold. That'll prove costly, parried/flapped at everything.

Ronaldo had probably his only off day in the last year.

Marcelo/Kolo had a stormer

Lazor couldn't find his way out of Ramos pocket. How Ramos picked up a card for the tackle(not sure who it was?) was ridiculous

This whole boll!x of a 'reserve' team?

Rodgers bought Lazor,Allen,Borini,Lallana,Can,Moreno,Manquillo,Mignolet,Toure all which started.

So making excuses for a weak side is pony. I'm sure he didn't buy them because he thinks they're 2nd tier.

Sterling & Coutinho probably should of started that's about it. But he didn't start them because he wanted to minimize damage so it was his own doing and because of the tactic he played those players were the right choice. He brought them on because he needed a goal.

Borini 10.5m
    Allen 15m
    Mignolet 9m
    Lallana 25m
    Lazar 20m
    Moreno 12m
    Manquillo Loan
    Toure Free
    Can 10m

101.5M... not bad for a '2nd team'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Liverpool finish 2nd and they probably still will, they'll not give a toss about this game, everyone in the group were going to be playing for 2nd place behind Madrid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Posted a lot of this on twitter so might as well post it here :

Rodgers game plan was to minimize damage and he succeeded. But that doesn't get you points on the board.

Mignolet made some great saves but he couldn't catch a cold. That'll prove costly, parried/flapped at everything.

Ronaldo had probably his only off day in the last year.

Marcelo/Kolo had a stormer

Lazor couldn't find his way out of Ramos pocket. How Ramos picked up a card for the tackle(not sure who it was?) was ridiculous

This whole boll!x of a 'reserve' team?

Rodgers bought Lazor,Allen,Borini,Lallana,Can,Moreno,Manquillo,Mignolet,Toure all which started.

So making excuses for a weak side is pony. I'm sure he didn't buy them because he thinks they're 2nd tier.

Sterling & Coutinho probably should of started that's about it. But he didn't start them because he wanted to minimize damage so it was his own doing and because of the tactic he played those players were the right choice. He brought them on because he needed a goal.

Borini 10.5m
    Allen 15m
    Mignolet 9m
    Lallana 25m
    Lazar 20m
    Moreno 12m
    Manquillo Loan
    Toure Free
    Can 10m

101.5M... not bad for a '2nd team'...

Who said reserve side? It was a young side and inexperienced. It was a changed side from the one he feels is his strongest side ... one that wasnt used only in Carling Cup so people have a right to say it was not the first choice 11.

Mig was very good tonight and to say he flapped is complete bull****. He's been pretty good for 2 games tonight and wasn't found wanting even skilled Ronaldo and Benzema to give us all a heart attack.

Anyway, it was a gamble, one that may or may not have paid off depending on your definition of a 1-0 loss away to Real Madrid feels. Back to reality of PL this weekend and after dropping/resting some of the so called stars, will be eating humble pie of they cannot at least repeat the effort from tonights 11.

Who said reserve side? It was a young side and inexperienced. It was a changed side from the one he feels is his strongest side ... one that wasnt used only in Carling Cup so people have a right to say it was not the first choice 11.

Mig was very good tonight and to say he flapped is complete bull****.
    2nd tier/reserve were words used by many. I already stated Mig had a good game. But there was many times he could of comfortable caught the ball but decided to punch it away. Which could prove costly when a catch is a lot easier and safer.

Mig was very good tonight and to say he flapped is complete bull****.
    2nd tier/reserve were words used by many. I already stated Mig had a good game. But there was many times he could of comfortable caught the ball but decided to punch it away. Which could prove costly when a catch is a lot easier and safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

He got good purchase on his punches tonight and to be fair to him i've not seen him punch it alot like that before so probably made up his mind early he'd do that especially with the free kicks as they swerve alot. It worked well. The guy is dubious on crosses normally but did better than usually on them when he came.

Anyone saying reserves/2nd Tier should be reminded that these players Can/Allen/Lazar/Lallana/Manquillo are supposed to be the future of the club. Brad Jones didn't get near the team ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Once again proves what I've been saying. Ronaldo doesn't score, and he's completely anonymous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Once again proves what I've been saying. Ronaldo doesn't score, and he's completely anonymous

Yes, yes you're right. Hes a spoofer Joe.

You're just firing more arbitrary things to judge the player by because you don't like him. And no matter how many you add you cant escape the fact he'd likely the best player ever. Its like when people went "oh he scores a lot in the small games but never in the big ones" so he started scoring in big games and it changed to "he never scores in the classicos" so hes scored in lots of classicos then it turned to This ****e. I wonder could he do it on a cold wet windy day in Stoke with one arm behind his back and a pair of 42dernier tights over his face. Moronic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yes, yes you're right. Hes a spoofer Joe.

You're just firing more arbitrary things to judge the player by because you don't like him. And no matter how many you add you cant escape the fact he'd likely the best player ever. Its like when people went "oh he scores a lot in the small games but never in the big ones" so he started scoring in big games and it changed to "he never scores in the classicos" so hes scored in lots of classicos then it turned to This ****e. I wonder could he do it on a cold wet windy day in Stoke with one arm behind his back and a pair of 42dernier tights over his face. Moronic.

Was this even a big game? Liverpool didn't treat it as such...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thought Manquillo had an excellent game.

RayCon wrote: »
    Thought Manquillo had an excellent game.

He was decent going forward but Marcelo and Isco were regularly waltzing down that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

He was decent going forward but Marcelo and Isco were regularly waltzing down that side.

Part of the problems down Liverpools right were Markovic. Had Sterling been there Manqillo would have received more protection/assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Part of the problems down Liverpools right were Markovic. Had Sterling been there Manqillo would have received more protection/assistance

Toure had him in his back pocket all night. There's no need to be afraid Christiano

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »

He was left exposed a bit in fairness, I just thought he was beaten fairly easily on a number of occasions, maybe I am being a little harsh on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I wonder could he do it on a cold wet windy day in Stoke with one arm behind his back and a pair of 42dernier tights over his face. Moronic.
    If the team you support can cough up £500k a week you might find out.
    Though if he's one arm behind his back its probably being held by Ryan Shawcross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hidalgo wrote: »

Whole Of Life Cover? Income Protection?
    PERMANENT TOTAL DISABLEMENT???

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement