Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - 04/11 - TV3 - 7:45 - See Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

zerks wrote: »
    #Obsessed.

Is it because of the man utd connection and utd fans call him Ronnie?
    You would never see ''louie''.

grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is two things guaranteed tonight I think....Liverpool will lose and this thread will turn into a train wreck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Will winning the last two CL games get us qualified no matter what happens tonight or in other games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

U19s are at 1-1, 70 mins gone...maybe they can nick it as they did last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

zerks wrote: »
    #Obsessed.

Says the fan on another teams superthread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

noodler wrote: »
    Will winning the last two CL games get us qualified no matter what happens tonight or in other games?

I would think so. That would give us 9 points, and deny both Ludo and Basel any points from their remaining games against us. And Real will beat them both, even if resting players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Liverpool fan arrested for kicking a football in Madrid

http://as.com/videos/2014/11/04/portada/1415115946_769611.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gerrard, Sterling, Ballotelli, Lovren and Johnson all expected not to start the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

5live wrote: »
    Says the fan on another teams superthread...

This isn't a superthread. Its a Real match thread...

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »

Or is the fake one?

Unfortunetely a lot of utd fans like Madrid so this thread will get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Meh....

The point stands and the irony of a fan posting about obsession on another teams thread, is just classic:-)

Or is the fake one?

Unfortunetely a lot of utd fans like Madrid so this thread will get messy.

TBPH Any match that United or Liverpool lose is messy. Its just one of them things, sun rising in the east, pizza tastes better the morning after and ***** will act the **** when their **** rivals lose a **** game.

The **** way of life.

Meh....

The point stands and the irony of a fan posting about obsession on another teams thread, is just classic:-)

But most United fans like Real anyways. There was (I think) a similar level of United fans posting here in the classico. Its partly due to Ronaldo obviously.

I don't think its Ironic and neither does Alanis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gerrard, Sterling, Ballotelli, Lovren and Johnson all expected not to start the game.

I posted that above. Is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

quarryman wrote: »

Gerrard, Balotelli and Johnson not starting is actually a good thing.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    I posted that above. Is it true?

If true he's doing the right thing. He can rest players ahead of Chelsea game. Liverpool were always going to get bent over and given the oul hows your father at least now Rodgers has a bit of a fall back by saying he had to give the youth players a run out for x,y or z reason. Might soften the blow for some of the fans too. x

People will give out about it being disrespectful or against the rules but thats a load of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If true he's doing the right thing. He can rest players ahead of Chelsea game. Liverpool were always going to get bent over and given the oul hows your father at least now Rodgers has a bit of a fall back by saying he had to give the youth players a run out for x,y or z reason. Might soften the blow for some of the fans too. x

People will give out about it being disrespectful or against the rules but thats a load of ****e.

While my expectations are low, we will have a travelling support in Madrid tonight which have spent a fair whack travelling there, you cant just right off the game and let us be slaughtered. Rotate the squad sure, but playing youth players would be a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers resting players for a match against Real Madrid in the Champions League because of a big game against Chelsea at the weekend in our battle to qualify for the Champions League. :rolleyes:

What's he actually playing at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rodgers resting players for a match against Real Madrid in the Champions League because of a big game against Chelsea at the weekend in our battle to qualify for the Champions League. :rolleyes:

What's he actually playing at!

Using his resources correctly. Real Madrid will win tonight, imagine breaking a couple of players in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Using his resources correctly. Real Madrid will win tonight, imagine breaking a couple of players in this match.

I think thats okay when your an absolute certainty to lose, but its Liverpool your talking about and on the day its not beyond possible they could take something from the game.

Youve got to go out with your best players.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think thats okay when your an absolute certainty to lose, but its Liverpool your talking about and on the day its not beyond possible they could take something from the game.

Youve got to go out with your best players.

Johnson missing makes us stronger at RB.

I read every week Gerrard is finished.

Ballotelli is hardly on fire.

Maybe the guys that play will try to prove a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

A 4-1 madrid win .

Ronaldo to score twice with bale and benzema each scoring one

Ronaldo to shoot on sight from every angle on the pitch to try and break the record tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I can see the logic in this for tonight's game , he hasn't been doing this all season .

Meh....

Its a match thread. Utd fans like Madrid, due to history, chico, ''Ronnie'', all the ex players that played for them have been fan favourites, Ruud, heinze, Beckham. Thats only a few reasons, then watching players like Bale, Benzema, James, kroos, even Alonso last year. Unfortunetely, for the last few years we have been otherwise occupied when they have been playing in Europe so wouldnt have caught a lot of their games.

So yeah, this idea of a fan posting in you're thread is a classic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, the United vs Pool arguements breaking out already?

Lads, both sides can get over that right now. As a match thread on a general soccer forum, everyone is allowed participate, and both sides should accept that this is a big game between Liverpool and Real Madrid. Please let's drop the "obsession" talk, please let's not turn this into a thread discussing United.

Discuss Liverpool vs Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

"Ronnie" to score two

"BRoddie" to declare himself and the team fantastic post game despite the result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Ngog and Babel to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

"I" "reckon" "Madrid" "will" "win"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't see past a 0-0 draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any confirmation of the line ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

Really excited for this game, i can't wait to see the line ups.

I think Madrid will win by quite a few but i hope we show some fight at least and not just roll over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

B1ngF_nIQAAggOC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sorry.... but is this the Capital One Cup we're playing tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ok, that's it, the knives are out from me. That's an appalling selection. I can't see how that front three can possibly score at all

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

100 on real madrid -1.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool basically saying the domestic league is more important than Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think it's a team that will work hard but doesn't have much else in the locker - Toure......Dear god almighty

Well at last we have a strong bench :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

O wow.

Is this on ITV? Cant watch tv3 football coverage..its too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Ok, that's it, the knives are out from me. That's an appalling selection. I can't see how that front three can possibly score at all

I'm surprised he didn't play Jones in goal and invite Madrid to the party lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Lucas red card for me tonight (2 yellows)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Not that it make much difference

B1ngHOcIAAAfShF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Ffs, that's horrific

Strong bench!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not like this game is all that important for qualification anyway. People can go on about playing for pride and whatnot all they want, the game this weekend is far more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

O wow.

Is this on ITV? Cant watch tv3 football coverage..its too bad.

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Liverpool basically saying the domestic league is more important than Europe?

I think they are saying getting something from the Chelsea game is

A) More likely
    B) More important

than doing the same against Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gotta feel for the Liverpool fans who have spent hundreds if not thousands to be at this game and that's the team the manager puts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Christ what kind of midfield or team do we have at all??? Is BR writing this one off already?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement