Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - 04/11 - TV3 - 7:45 - See Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

murpho999 wrote: »
    He's a player strugglng with confidence.

Give him time. Henderson was the exact same when he joined and took an awful lot of criticism and now look at him.

Lucas was another who struggled early, but I always saw something there with him and Henderson.

Struggling to see anything with Markovic.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moral Victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

wouldnt judge markovic on this game in fairness. but i thought he was meant to have a turn of speed, but he doesnt have the speed tonight. remember lads we're supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I find it really frustrating how slow and hesitant our attack has become this season.

In my opinion it's the biggest reason we're no where near as good as last year and Suarez leaving cannot be the cause of that.

I guess it's easier to believe that than the truth.

Can and Moreno have been good.

I like Can. He can run past players and is good and strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes but you can still be committed. Hendo lucas etc akways put in a shift.

Seriously, how can you tell from the TV if a player is committed or not.

Henderson was criticised for his entire game. Sometimes you have to be patient with new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Basle 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Keep it at 1-0 for the next half hour after HT, then throw on the big guns and see if we can get something out of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can and Moreno have been good.

Very impressed with Can, would be happy with a midfield 3 of Can, Hendo and Allen in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I find it really frustrating how slow and hesitant our attack has become this season.

In my opinion it's the biggest reason we're no where near as good as last year and Suarez leaving cannot be the cause of that.

The speed of the attack lasr season was aided big time by the runs made off the ball by Suarez imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Stargate wrote: »
    It's deserved in my opinion . He's brutal , no confidence , seems lost.

He certainly has no confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Basel 2-0 up lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I know we're 1 nil down but we're giving it a right go imo. Bit of luck, some fresh legs and we might get something out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Is that you Eamo?!?

If people really thought a 20 year old was going to come in and tear Real Madrid apart on his own then i don't know what they think football is.

Lazar was bought on his potential and anyone who has seen him play for Sporting will realise that he has huge talent. Its going to take him time to settle and develop. 10 games is NOTHING... but work away with your snap judgements.

I am just saying he has played badly. People are being very defensive of him. Would you not agree that he has being disappointing so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Moreno looks very good. One of the few pool players who doesn't look out of place at the Bernabau

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    The speed of the attack lasr season was aided big time by the runs made off the ball by Suarez imo.

Don't agree entirely..... the passing, momentum etc was much faster.

Seems a different mentality now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jesus th ITV commentators are being incredibly condending towards Liverpool. You'd swear it was a LOI side the way theyre praising them for keeping it close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Markovic needs a spell with the 21s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Madrid don't seem to have their shooting boots on tonight, Liverpool have played a lot better than I and probably most expected. Ronaldo has been cack, nearly as bad as Markovic :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Liamalone wrote: »
    Who is Gail?

image.jpg

Gail Platt from Coronation Street.

AKA Luka Modric.

• Advertisement

Not too upset with the performance tbh.

Much better than 1st half at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I am just saying he has played badly. People are being very defensive of him. Would you not agree that he has being disappointing so far?

It depends on what you expected. He's been below what i was hoping but i wasn't really expecting him to play much this season. I certainly wouldn't be writing him off and calling him a waste of money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Impressive composed first half from Liverpool without so many first choice players,Can in particular has been outstanding.

bur wrote: »
    I guess it's easier to believe that than the truth.

Genuinely no idea what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Markovic is a kid. 20 years old but physically he's not strong enough yet much like Sterling for a lot of last season. I've seen a lot of young players struggle until they figure it out. Would be silly to write him off over a small handful of appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He's bloody 20 and he's trying.

Some people haven't a clue about football tbh. Reckon they know more than football managers!

rarnes , i'm only calling it as i see it happening before my eyes as the match goes. True i am not a manager but i what i see is a very poor performance on the field from a player. He needs time and will improve i'm sure , but tonight he is terrible in fairness .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Only 1 down at half time, Liverpool fans would have taken that at the start of the game. If they can keep it to 2/3 goals then they will have their moral victory.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yes but you can still be committed. Hendo lucas etc akways put in a shift.

Remember Henderson hiding in a fair few games when he first started for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Is that you Eamo?!?

If people really thought a 20 year old was going to come in and tear Real Madrid apart on his own then i don't know what they think football is.

Lazar was bought on his potential and anyone who has seen him play for Sporting will realise that he has huge talent. Its going to take him time to settle and develop. 10 games is NOTHING... but work away with your snap judgements.

Who said anything about tearing Real apart?

I'd be happy enough for now if he just stopped being a sh!thouse tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Time for Pringles,chocolate and lemon curd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hidalgo wrote: »

Sturridge more so, I felt, tbh. Suarez absolutely caused mayhem, but its Sturridge who stretches the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is that you Eamo?!?

You mean Benfica I presume? Maybe you were watching another player :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf to the lads, they have played well so far considering what they are up against.

Kolo playing well, can/lallana too.

Dont get the Markovic hate. Whats he meant to do, weve parked the bus for **** sake. Hes obviously been told to try hold it up but hes getting little support.

Borini too playing really well.

Hope we give it a go in the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Don't agree entirely..... the passing, momentum etc was much faster.

Seems a different mentality now.

I agree things look a lot more lethargic this year but I'd put a fair bit of that down to Suarez and Sturridge.
    Last year they were making runs which opened up defences for Liverpool midfielders to either play a quick pass or move into the space themselves.

This year at times its like everyone is on different wavelengths, particularly as balls are played behind or to the feet instead of out in front

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Time for Pringles,chocolate and lemon curd.

Hello Diabetes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

playing well ...lucas showing how a DM should play. Moreno playing well ,so is toure.
    Lallana is ****. too slow ; too weak, too small.
    Can has potential. the ****er can move fairly fast when he wants to.
    Allen solid. Borini busting his balls - fair play to him.

Playing well enjoyable half. Manquillo should have put in a few/quicker/better balls.

hendo on for Can on 65 minute
    Sterling for Lallana/markovic on 70 minutes
    Gerard for Lallana/markovic for 75 minutes

come on the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Markovic is a kid. 20 years old but physically he's not strong enough yet much like Sterling for a lot of last season. I've seen a lot of young players struggle until they figure it out. Would be silly to write him off over a small handful of appearances.

I agree that he needs time, but what concerns me is that I have seen little to nothing of his supposed potential, for a player billed as having this high ceiling of talent, he has shown very little so far.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Hello Diabetes.

My old friend.

I've come to you to eat with you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Sit tight and leave it to last 10 mins ... sneak a win Ireland v Germany style ;) - playing it about well. Passing well. Composed and so far looking like they enjoyed it. Its actually interesting to watch with such low expectation and see this unfold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hello Diabetes.

Ah, will you let the man enjoy his dinner!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

SlickRic wrote: »
    Well done to the players that are out there.

This is a second string and we havn't looked that bad, hopefully it's helping Rogers work out who's ready for our first team. It's time to start dropping anyone who isn't doing it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Knex. wrote: »
    My old friend.

I've come to you to eat with you again.

Because my sugar levels are depleting

Tayto packets up to the ceiling

And my blood pressure still remains

All the same

Now it's time for an Ambulance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

On few occasions we had players in space but no one could find them. Attackers are making runs but not being found.
    Problems are all in the midfield. Allen has been very poor tonight, Lucas hasn't been great either not bad though. Really sad what injuries have done to him.

Think Lazar has showed an improvement and can't fathom why he is getting so much ire directed toward him.
    Moreno looks like he will be excellent for us for years. Left back position finally sorted?

Skrtel is a problem.

Mig playing well. How many shots has he faced? That's why he makes so many errors, he's under consistent pressure in very game. Goalies in top teams don't see as much action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

SlickRic wrote: »
    Well done to the players that are out there.

Yes agreed , they are doing well . Hope for same in 2nd half .

Because my sugar levels are depleting

Tayto packets up to the ceiling

And my blood pressure still remains

All the same

Now it's time for an Ambulance.

I love you man.

Jim-Halpert-Darryl-Philbin-Fist-Bump-The-Office.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

colly10 wrote: »
    This is a second string and we havn't looked that bad, hopefully it's helping Rogers work out who's ready for our first team. It's time to start dropping anyone who isn't doing it

They're playing a lot better as a unit than our 1st string.....maybe others should take notice of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well that was pretty decent.

We've stopped Real from making too many chances.

We've got suckered in by fairly straightforward 1-2s a bit too often but there's generally been enough cover to handle it.

It's always going to be tricky when you have players that are going to make stupid mistakes. That Skrtel mis-control was really **** and Lucas had 1 as well (not to mention I think it was he who gave the ball away for their goal).

But by and large there's been some excellent running, movement and passing in midfield and our defence has been reasonably composed. Moreno has been excellent again - lets just hope his usual trick of falling asleep when he should be clearing it doesn't happen again.

It's nice to have Sterling on the bench and maybe Gerrard to play further forward to give us the quality we're lacking. We're nowhere near good enough up front. Not ruthless enough, lack of direct options and not enough people in the box. It's less of a problem when you're level or winning but we're just going to have to take a risk or 2 as the match goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Unless Toure concedes a hatrick of own goals in the second half he has to be a starter based on tonights performance. Can's doing alright too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I thought Lucas and Allen are doing well crowding the space in front of the defence but there is too much hesitancy, Real are picking up most second balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Is it head-to-head or goal difference that decides group?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement