Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Black Friday

• 04-11-2014 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new iPad and was wondering if I should hold off until Black Friday to save a few quid. I know Apple used to give a few quid off a few years back but didn't they change it to just giving vouchers to the Apple Store recently or is my memory wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I'm in the market for a new iPad and was wondering if I should hold off until Black Friday to save a few quid. I know Apple used to give a few quid off a few years back but didn't they change it to just giving vouchers to the Apple Store recently or is my memory wrong?

I remember last year they did indeed to the vouchers instead of the money of the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

They did the vouchers in places but we got money off. I think it was €40 off my iPad Air.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bough the iPad 4 from apple.ie last year. They reduced it by €50 iirc
    Most places are in it around the same.

Sold it when the Air came out as I got an Air on Groupon for the same price as I sold my 4 for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I suppose im correct in saying that iphones are out of the question for discounts instore?

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I suppose im correct in saying that iphones are out of the question for discounts instore?

Yes. They can't keep up with demand for the phones so no discount as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Was looking at a Xmas gift of an 5c on their website and saw it's almost 170 cheaper than from 3 who I was about to order one off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

No Black Friday offers yet that I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Looks like there's no Black Friday this year on apple.ie. Is this punishment for ending the Double Irish? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Compu b offering 5% off iPads and 10% off macs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

carrotcake wrote: »
    Looks like there's no Black Friday this year on apple.ie. Is this punishment for ending the Double Irish? :)

Seems to be U.S. only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Are they likely to offer any deals on Cyber Monday? Or has Bono swallowed the profits again.

Currys in Jervis Street have the iPad Air 32gb for €429 and the iPad Air 16gb for €379.

Girl in work just bought one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Picked up iPad Air 16gb silver for my daughter in argos today for €379, last night was €409.
    Also got €20 in vouchers which bought most of the €25 iTunes card needed to get the popular apps (minecraft for one).
    Think it's one of the best deals out there!
    Loving Black Friday........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Migworks wrote: »
    Picked up iPad Air 16gb silver for my daughter in argos today for €379, last night was €409.
    Also got €20 in vouchers which bought most of the €25 iTunes card needed to get the popular apps (minecraft for one).
    Think it's one of the best deals out there!
    Loving Black Friday........

For an extra €70 you could have bought the iPad Air 2 with 64gb of memory on Amazon.

Advertisement