Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Angelcare sound and movement monitor :(

Options
  • 04-11-2014 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I absolutely love the peace of mind we get from the angelcare sound and movement monitor since we started using it 6 months ago but we have been having problems with the movement sensor pad for the last 2 weeks. It just isn't as sensitive as it used to be. Up until now, the alarm would sound within 15 seconds of no movement but a few weeks ago, i noticed that it wasn't going off as quickly (mainly because I always forget to switch it off after taking the little fella out of the cot :o) My OH checked everything out and could find no reason for it to be less sensitive. He timed it and found that the alarm wasn't sounding until more than a minute of no movement :eek: We tried turning the sensitivity up and it worked for a few days but has gradually gotten worse again :( Has anyone else had problems like this? I expected it to have a longer lifespan than 6 months with the price of it :mad:

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd contact them about it tbh. I'm sure they would be helpful - 6 months for such a pricey product is not good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'd call them as well about it. You should be well within warranty. Could be a faulty one.

Our angelcare monitor is 3 years and 8 months old, and just last week, the charger for the base unit stopped working. I need to take it apart to see what's up, but have been using rechargable batteries since, and still works that way. The sensor works ok still as well... same thing here, pick her up and forget to switch it off, we get the first beep fairly quickly.

The only other thing I could guess at.... is the frame of the cot touching, or close to anything that has vibrations of any kind? Like a radiator, plumbing pipes, any toy in the cot, or a white noise generator, a humidifer? That might be interferring with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

pwurple wrote: »

The only other thing I could guess at.... is the frame of the cot touching, or close to anything that has vibrations of any kind? Like a radiator, plumbing pipes, any toy in the cot, or a white noise generator, a humidifer? That might be interferring with it.

I was thinking that myself but there isn't anything :( We had been using a mobile on the cot and even with that, the sensor was still working fine but we had to remove it last month when the baby started trying to use the hanging animals as leverage to sit up :o The only thing I can think of is that he's a little terror for kicking his feet, he's constantly at it even in his sleep. Maybe his constant kicking has damaged the pad? At any rate, I dug out the box and receipt there so I'll be taking it back to Mothercare at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I was thinking that myself but there isn't anything :( We had been using a mobile on the cot and even with that, the sensor was still working fine but we had to remove it last month when the baby started trying to use the hanging animals as leverage to sit up :o The only thing I can think of is that he's a little terror for kicking his feet, he's constantly at it even in his sleep. Maybe his constant kicking has damaged the pad? At any rate, I dug out the box and receipt there so I'll be taking it back to Mothercare at the weekend.

There should be no problem getting it sorted. Ours was 4 yrs old and the parent monitor display part went all funny.
    Took it back. Got replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

monflat wrote: »
    There should be no problem getting it sorted. Ours was 4 yrs old and the parent monitor display part went all funny.
    Took it back. Got replacement

Hi monflat, did you just take it back to the shop? Did you have a receipt? One of my monitors is playing up. It's 2 years old but I don't have receipt :(.... So is say I don't stand a chance of taking it back :(

• Advertisement

[monitor ="Sligo1;92901170"]Hi monflat, did you just take it back to the shop? Did you have a receipt? One of my monitors is playing up. It's 2 years old but I don't have receipt :(.... So is say I don't stand a chance of taking it back :([/quote]

Didn't have a receipt either.
    Got a replacement no questions asked.
    And I didn't ask why they didn't look for receipt either maybe it's a common problem and they have spares.
    My replacement was not in a box but it works perfectly
    The. Monitor and has been used since June 2010

So it owes me nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

monflat wrote: »
    [monitor ="Sligo1;92901170"]Hi monflat, did you just take it back to the shop? Did you have a receipt? One of my monitors is playing up. It's 2 years old but I don't have receipt :(.... So is say I don't stand a chance of taking it back :(

And I didn't ask why they didn't look for receipt either maybe it's a common problem and they have spares.

So it owes me nothing really.[/quote]

O that's great!!! I haven't taken mine back as I thought they'd just tell me I needed proof of purchase. I might try my luck and take it back over weekend :)

Sligo1 wrote: »

So it owes me nothing really.

O that's great!!! I haven't taken mine back as I thought they'd just tell me I needed proof of purchase. I might try my luck and take it back over weekend :)[/quote]

Fingers crossed that it works out for you.

Maybe I was extremely lucky!

Advertisement