Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Visitor

• 04-11-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    We are a company in the Midlands and we just opened a container that left Greece 1 month ago and this little lad popped out, he is about 12 inches long. We have him in a clear plastic bag with some water and apple and holes to breath out of. I can't get a right photo so googled him and he is identical to this lad a
    Greek Algyroides Algyroides moreoticus, What to do next?
    7deiia.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

patmac wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    We are a company in the Midlands and we just opened a container that left Greece 1 month ago and this little lad popped out, he is about 12 inches long. We have him in a clear plastic bag with some water and apple and holes to breath out of. I can't get a right photo so googled him and he is identical to this lad a
    Greek Algyroides Algyroides moreoticus, What to do next?

7deiia.jpg

Lizards don't eat fruits and vegetables, they eat small insects.
    So I don't think that it will live on an apple.
    Of course you have done a great thing and thanks must be given to you for what you did so far, but I think that this little reptile needs the help of a vet or someone who has a case with warming lamps and UV lights, along with proper food.
    I also think that if you keep it at a low temperature (between 5 and 10 degrees), its metabolism will slow down (reptiles hybernate to save energies) and this lizard will have more chance to survive until it finds a new home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Are you planning on keeping him? If you are in Dublin city you could see if Reptile Haven on Fishamble street would take him with a view to rehoming him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭patmac

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Are you planning on keeping him? If you are in Dublin city you could see if Reptile Haven on Fishamble street would take him with a view to rehoming him.
    One of the lads is thinking of keeping him he has had Iguanas in the past we are in the midlands.

Advertisement