Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a little spice...

• 04-11-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

It seems accepted wisdom that if you're marinating something, the longer you leave it the better, but does this apply only to 'wet' marinades? What about dry rubs?

One of my favourite dishes involves rubbing cumin, chilli flakes, salt and pepper onto thinly sliced fillet beef. I throw the whole lot in a bag and shake it all about, then cook it pretty much straight away. Would it make any difference if I left it longer, even overnight as per other marinating recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It will, but as with all marinades, dry or wet, they only will permeate the first few millimeters of the surface no matter how long you leave them in

Advertisement