Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stobart Air have been awarded the contract for the PSO routes to Kerry and Donegal from the end of of next January to 31st Jan 2017. Will be good to see them back in Donegal (Loganair currently fly there)

http://paschaldonohoe.ie/minister-donohoe-to-retain-pso-routes-for-regional-airports/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stobart Air have been awarded the contract for the PSO routes to Kerry and Donegal from the end of of next January to 31st Jan 2017. Will be good to see them back in Donegal (Loganair currently fly there)

http://paschaldonohoe.ie/minister-donohoe-to-retain-pso-routes-for-regional-airports/

I just hope they keep the timings decent on Donegal - the Kerry ones were a disaster for doing a days work at either end when I considering using them but as Loganair had a frame just for CFN-DUB-CFN-GLA-CFN-DUB-CFN most days the timings were very good.

The Glasgow flight has always stood on its own two feet so if there's time in the schedule for it I'd expect it to be started by Stobart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Stobart have to be running out of airframes at this stage?

Iv used the kerry service a few times, not for work mind you, but i found it to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Razor44 wrote: »

Iv used the kerry service a few times, not for work mind you, but i found it to be very good
    Maybe they'll be converting a few trucks for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Razor44 wrote: »

Dropping SNN to make way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Transavia's Paris Orly route confirmed.

dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/14-11-27/transavia_com_To_Enter_Irish_Market_With_Daily_Flight_To_Paris-Orly.aspx

"French low cost airline transavia.com, which is owned by Air France-KLM group, is to a launch a new year-round daily service between Dublin and Paris-Orly Airport from next summer.

transavia.com has its main base at Orly Airport and the Dublin route is its first scheduled service to Ireland. The new service, which will begin in June, will offer additional choice and flexibility for passengers travelling between Ireland and France.

transavia.com began operating in France in 2007 and has a fleet of 15 aircraft which will operate 64 routes next summer from French airports to destinations in Europe and the Mediterranean.

“Transavia is very excited by the opening of this new route from Dublin to Paris-Orly,” said Hervé Kozar, Chief Commercial Officer of transavia.com. “We are looking forward to welcoming Irish customers on our planes to Paris and we will make all efforts possible to offer them an excellent service with the lowest possible fare. I have no doubt this destination will be a great success and we hope it will contribute to increased tourism and business exchanges between Ireland and France”.

Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said he was delighted to welcome Transavia to Ireland. “Transavia is a strong brand in the French market and we look forward to working closely with them to support this new service from Paris-Orly Airport to Dublin. Paris is a very popular destination for both business and leisure traffic from Ireland and France is also a major market for inbound tourism to Ireland.”

Transavia.com’s new Paris Orly route is one of 14 new services from Dublin Airport that have already been announced for next year, according to Mr Harrison. “Dublin Airport is looking forward to a strong year in 2015, with new airlines such as transavia.com entering the market, and existing airline customers adding new routes and capacity.”

The new daily Paris Orly-Dublin service, which will be operated by a Boeing 737-800, will begin operations on June 1 2015. Flights will depart Paris Orly at 18:20 arriving in Dublin at 19:10 except on Saturdays, when flights will depart Paris Orly at 6:30 arriving in Dublin at 7:20. The return flight will depart Dublin at 19:55 arriving in Paris Orly at 22:45, except on Saturdays, when flights will depart Dublin at 8:55 arriving in Paris at 10:55.

Orly Airport, which is located 13km south of Paris, handled 28.2 million passengers last year. It is France’s second largest airport after Paris Charles de Gaulle."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Transavia's Paris Orly route confirmed.

Ive never used Orly before, how does it conpare to CDG and Beauvais?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Very good to see Transavia enter the Irish market. I think in recent years LCC's like them have been shy to start Irish routes given Ryanairs presence. This route will succeed IMO seeing as Orly wasn't served previously.

Orly is meant to be very nice. More central than CDG or BVA and easier to get in and out of (from what I've heard).

Certainly closer to the city, has good routes with Air France and Easyjet etc.

Always been surprised it hasn't been served from Dublin.

Disappointed though with the flight times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Transavia's flight times aren't ideal for sure.

Does anyone think many more routes will be announced this year? Surely the closer we get to the new year the less likely we are to get more summer routes?

Personally I can see Ryanair launching DUB - CPH in the summer, and if they get slots AMS in the winter. Things have quietened on the Ryanair to Russia front, I'd love to see Moscow and St. Petersburg launched too. I'd also like Athens as they seem to be increasing their presence in Greece.

Also less likely but still possible for 2015 are:
    Qatar Airways to Doha
    Norwegian to Bangkok
    Air China to Beijing

Just my uninformed opinions feel free to shoot me down!

Khuitlio

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

There used to be a ryanair flight from dublin to Stockholm and vice versa. They cancelled it last year and never announced why. Was hoping there might have been a new flight. Paid 780eur for myself and a child home for xmas :(

There used to be a ryanair flight from dublin to Stockholm and vice versa. They cancelled it last year and never announced why. Was hoping there might have been a new flight. Paid 780eur for myself and a child home for xmas :(

And EI have pulled out. Just SAS now, would expect Norwegian will make an appearance before long.

They just pulled out for winter. Back in march

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

They just pulled out for winter. Back in march

Nope. EI flights to ARN/HAJ are gone.

Nope. Just seasonal closure. Same as last year

Nope. Just seasonal closure. Same as last year

They are scrapped. Anyway ARN was year round last year!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They are scrapped. Anyway ARN was year round last year!

Same with Stuttgart.

man98 wrote: »
    Same with Stuttgart.

:confused:

STR went seasonal two seasons ago after it operated year round for one year.

I know people who used the service last year. I must have been mistaken.

• Advertisement

Like your mistaken regarding the Stockholm route.

I didn't say anything about ARN.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

With the president's state visit to China I wonder will we get some news on a Dublin - China route...

Wasn't there rumour of Air China sending an A330 out here?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

man98 wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumour of Air China sending an A330 out here?

Been multiple rumour's over the last 1-2 years on this subject. Peking is teh most frequently mentioned destination. But then again Air India were a strong rumour for a while too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

So the Arlanda summer seasonal route is 100% gone? I used it quite a bit for business last summer and it was better than SAS for the sole reason that the plane arrived in early in the morning.

Just as a average flyer, on ample times I did fly that route, the planes were about 80% full, weird why they would pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Tenger wrote: »
    Been multiple rumour's over the last 1-2 years on this subject. Peking is teh most frequently mentioned destination. But then again Air India were a strong rumour for a while too.....

Yes, remember PIA were all set to come to SNN. These rumours, even when shored up or even confirmed, can be fleeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

N64 wrote: »
    So the Arlanda summer seasonal route is 100% gone? I used it quite a bit for business last summer and it was better than SAS for the sole reason that the plane arrived in early in the morning.

Just as a average flyer, on ample times I did fly that route, the planes were about 80% full, weird why they would pull out.

I believe they got a fair amount of transatlantic transfer traffic from ARN, prior to Norwegian having direct routes. This may have had some impact, no idea if it'd be enough to kill a route.

So I've noticed Dublin - Brest isn't bookable next year with CityJet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Is there any Direct flights to Funchal Maderia from any Irish Airport or any proposed reopening of this route . I would like to go back there but would prefer a direct flight .
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement