Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bog Man 1 wrote: »
    Is there any Direct flights to Funchal Maderia from any Irish Airport or any proposed reopening of this route . I would like to go back there but would prefer a direct flight .
    Thanks

Yes there will be, returning for summer 2015 operating on Thursdays by Air Contractors. Should be available from travel operators in new year.

Schedule:
    08.15-11.55
    12.40-16.20

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yes there will be, returning for summer 2015 operating on Thursdays by Air Contractors. Should be available from travel operators in new year.

Schedule:
    08.15-11.55
    12.40-16.20
    Great News
    Is that from Dublin and what are Air Contractors because if its landing in Funchal I would want a plane with good brakes .
    Who could I book with .

Great News
    Is that from Dublin and what are Air Contractors because if its landing in Funchal I would want a plane with good brakes .
    Who could I book with .

Dublin and a 733.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Aren't Ryanair starting flights out there? Not sure if it's to Dublin or not.
    I would want a plane with good brakes .

Don't worry they only malfunctioned once this year ;) . 2 days after it had to return to Dublin twice in one flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ponta Delgada you're thinking of man98. The other Portuguese islands (Azores)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

What about the Qatar Airways Doha route ?

poteen wrote: »
    What about the Qatar Airways Doha route ?

No further word on that they have just started announcing routes for next year

Turkish Airlines increasing from 12 to 14 per week from end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

There is an article on The journal. ie today stating new direct flights from Dublin to Cuba & Jamaica.

It doesn't give any other details, anyone hear anything official about these possible new routes?

lc180 wrote: »
    There is an article on The journal. ie today stating new direct flights from Dublin to Cuba & Jamaica.

It doesn't give any other details, anyone hear anything official about these possible new routes?

Most likely a charter company, not surprised to be honest as the Caribbean is not an area served from the South whereas the North has had charter flights there over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

lc180 wrote: »

Good news if that comes true. Although I think it will probably be Thomas Cook 4 times in the summer which imo is a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Could a mod add transavia.com to Paris to the list in the OP if they get a chance.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

owenc wrote: »
    Good news if that comes true. Although I think it will probably be Thomas Cook 4 times in the summer which imo is a complete waste of time.

Charters can only be a 'waste of time' for the operaters - the only people who matter here - if they lose money...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What a myopic point of view. Its a new route, 4x weekly is perfectly fine, especially if 4x weekly this year turns into daily in 2016.

No I mean like only 4 days of the whole summer.

No I mean like only 4 days of the whole summer.

Its still not a waste of time if it makes money for the operators - its a charter, not a scheduled route. If tickets do go on general sale it'll only be whatever seats are left after the inclusive packages are sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Has this route been referenced anywhere other than the journal article? I would love an announcement but it seems like people are adding 2+2 to get 100 at the moment. Fingers crossed you're right though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'd like to see a scheduled Tunisia route...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    I'd like to see a scheduled Tunisia route...

That might just happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Ryanair to the Middle East? Would be one of the routes I'd genuinely consider flying. Also with Wow Air now linking Iceland, possibility of FR or even EI giving it a go? Properly marketed it could work nicely I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

donvito99 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but Ryanair to the Middle East? Would be one of the routes I'd genuinely consider flying. Also with Wow Air now linking Iceland, possibility of FR or even EI giving it a go? Properly marketed it could work nicely I reckon.

Where in the Middle East?

I can't see them competing with Emirates/Etihad. Unless you were referring to somewhere like Amman...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

donvito99 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but Ryanair to the Middle East? Would be one of the routes I'd genuinely consider flying. ......

Would you be thinking more along the lines of the near East? As in Egypt, Turkey, Jordan or Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Tenger wrote: »
    Would you be thinking more along the lines of the near East? As in Egypt, Turkey, Jordan or Israel?

Yes, I was thinking Israel solely. I believe FR had been probing the idea, talks of a Ryanair Israel or some such?

Google search delivers these:

http://www.haaretz.com/travel-in-israel/travel-news/1.612400

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=ryanair+israel+2014

Well if Easyjet can do it they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

I always wondered why FR has not expanded into Tunisia yet to be honest. Very popular tourist destination and it would do well in the summer for sure!

N64 wrote: »
    I always wondered why FR has not expanded into Tunisia yet to be honest. Very popular tourist destination and it would do well in the summer for sure!

I'm pretty certain its not in the EU Open Skies deal yet - unlike Morocco - so they could only fly from Ireland and even then only if on our bilateral. Ryanair would usually want to fly to a number of bases when opening to a new airport.

Isreal is in the system now as far as I know but Ryanair wants to operate flights from there to countries which aren't, which is why they want an Israeli AOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

Any news on the air China rumoured route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

Are Ryanair close to announcing new routes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

What about a proposed EI service to Dallas. I heard it was being discussed by Mueller a few months ago, and the route was meant to have been implemented prior to Mueller leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

ohigg84 wrote: »
    What about a proposed EI service to Dallas. I heard it was being discussed by Mueller a few months ago, and the route was meant to have been implemented prior to Mueller leaving.

Media confusion with Dulles (Washington, which has since been announced).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement