Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

I don't understand the 30cent fare outside of the headline grabbing value.
    All the regular flyers will miss it and the bargain hunters on boarsd.ie will snap them up and at those low prices there is a chance they might not even fly the route if something else crops up.
    The potential regular flyers between the two cities are the ones that you want to get sampling the route as they are the ones who make the roue sustainable. A couple of months of 14.99 each way flights might make that route more sustainable than a few hundred 30 cent flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I don't understand the 30cent fare outside of the headline grabbing value.
    It was to highlight their 30th anniversary & create a lot of hype and publicity, which it has...

Currently if I book a ticket and dont take the flight, the flight goes to waste, unless the particular airline over book. So say I book a cheap ticket and dont travel, they could have sold that ticket to someone else for a lot more closer to the flight time. Would it make sense to offer me a % of the ticket cost back if I cancel, less processing fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Looks like DHL have started their passenger operations :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Rawr

L1011 wrote: »
    Four operators now, one more than daily in summer - someone's going to blink this year.

Ryanair are using the worst terminal in the entire airport if not the known universe* at CPH, not that that's really a concern for many people.

*this may be an overstatement, but not by much

Which Terminal is that? I've transferred with SAS via CPH a few times, and it's usually been really nice there (although I may have just been lucky).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rawr wrote: »
    Which Terminal is that? I've transferred with SAS via CPH a few times, and it's usually been really nice there (although I may have just been lucky).

CPHGo - its a satellite pier off T2, down a very long corridor with no travelators.

I can't find the photo I took inside it so it must have been on my old phone but the passenger facilities consist of about 30 seats, toilets and a single vending machine in a massive empty hall.

Its much larger than required currently, which just adds to the desolation and lack of services. Just has Easyjet and Transavia now I think, few flights a day each.

luft_medium.jpg

SAS would use T3 and T1 Domestic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

L1011 wrote: »
    CPHGo - its a satellite pier off T2, down a very long corridor with no travelators.

Replace the "2" with a "1" and you've described Ryanair in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Whenever a Mod gets a chance could they add the new routes to the OP:

Europe Airpost - Halifax, Paris;
    Ryanair - Copenhagen, Lublin.

Replace the "2" with a "1" and you've described Ryanair in Dublin :D

D in DUB is a world of pampered wonders by comparison! And there are *some* travelators...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amy100

I have just booked flights on the Dublin to LA route with Ethiopian Airlines. It's a new route starting 15th of June. Don't know much about EA is this there first route into Dublin? Only €715 return in July V €915 with AL! Hope some more new transatlantic routes start we need more competition like this!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Amy100 wrote: »
    I have just booked flights on the Dublin to LA route with Ethiopian Airlines. It's a new route starting 15th of June. Don't know much about ET is this there first route into Dublin? Only €715 return in July V €915 with AL! Hope some more new transatlantic routes start we need more competition like this!
    Yes its their first time in Dublin. They are operating Addis Abbaba -Dublin-LA. Using Dublin as a fuel stop. They are launching this route with the B787 Dreamliner. So you will be on one of the most modern airliners around.

Slight downside is that you will not be able to avail of US CBP clearance before boarding. Immigration and Customs will be in LAX. Very good price for mid July. ET are the 2nd largest airline in Africa and have a good rep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Slight downside is that you will not be able to avail of US CBP clearance before boarding.
    to be honest, I nearly prefer this, most of the flights leave very early, I am not stressing when I get there, but on the Dublin side, you need to leave 2-3 hours at peak periods, i.e. around holidays and when kids are off, I would way prefer to be able to show up 1.5 hours early in Dublin and then wait whatever it is stateside...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amy100

Tenger wrote: »
    Yes its their first time in Dublin. They are operating Addis Abbaba -Dublin-LA. Using Dublin as a fuel stop. They are launching this route with the B787 Dreamliner. So you will be on one of the most modern airliners around.

Slight downside is that you will not be able to avail of US CBP clearance before boarding. Immigration and Customs will be in LAX. Very good price for mid July. ET are the 2nd largest airline in Africa and have a good rep.

Ya won't be too bad my arrival is 9.30am LA time so won't be in a rush! Dreamliner sounds interesting! Will let you know how my flight goes will be nice to try a new airline!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ET CEO in an interview last month said they had not taken a decision on CBP yet.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    ET CEO in an interview last month said they had not taken a decision on CBP yet.

I would guess they will launch the route first and perhaps introduce the CBP element over the winter season? Makes sense to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There'll be no pre clearance anytime soon as I understand it from someone who knows these things in the daa. Maybe if the route proves itself they'll look at it in time.

There was a rumour doing the rounds recently that they were looking at utilising pier A for the ET flight.

lord lucan wrote: »
    There'll be no pre clearance anytime soon as I understand it from someone who knows these things in the daa. Maybe if the route proves itself they'll look at it in time.

There was a rumour doing the rounds recently that they were looking at utilising pier A for the ET flight.

Pier A really?, completely un acceptable for such a flight, B at the very least.

The 07.50 JFK departure is due to clear from what I understand, any definite info on that one? This was from daa to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Pier A really?, completely un acceptable for such a flight, B at the very least.

The 07.50 JFK departure is due to clear from what I understand, any definite info on that one? This was from daa to.

As I understand it the plan is to pre clear the early JFK departure, I'm not sure if that's been signed off by USCBP yet though.

The pier A thing for ET could be just a rumour. B would be busy with the first wave of departures at the time ET arrives in. Maybe EI were asked to bump one of their mainline flights to A but were unwilling or the daa are trying to breed some life into A seeing as it's almost the forgotten pier these days.

There may be very few pax joining at DUB so the size of Pier A's facilities may not be a major issue - but is there even a widebody capable gate in A? Unless they're planning to use the bus gates...

lord lucan wrote: »
    As I understand it the plan is to pre clear the early JFK departure, I'm not sure if that's been signed off by USCBP yet though.

The pier A thing for ET could be just a rumour. B would be busy with the first wave of departures at the time ET arrives in. Maybe EI were asked to bump one of their mainline flights to A but were unwilling or the daa are trying to breed some life into A seeing as it's almost the forgotten pier these days.

No not signed off yet.
    There may be very few pax joining at DUB so the size of Pier A's facilities may not be a major issue - but is there even a widebody capable gate in A? Unless they're planning to use the bus gates...

Will use stairs, Air Canada often did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Aer Lingus increasing ORD to 10 weekly for winter 2015. Is it a 757? Or is the A330 they're meant to be getting?

• Advertisement

man98 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus increasing ORD to 10 weekly for winter 2015. Is it a 757? Or is the A330 they're meant to be getting?

8th A330 will allow DUB-IAD and extra flights to SFO and MCO.

The ORD announcement is merely an increase on the usual (as in last 2) winter schedule of daily flights. EI reduce their A330 usage in Oct-March

I checked and it's 757s. How they'll manage I'm not sure

man98 wrote: »
    I checked and it's 757s. How they'll manage I'm not sure

The DUB 752 is free on the operating days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Close friend of mine who works for the DAA is telling me to expect a huge announcement regarding a certain middle eastern carrier towards the end of this month

Flybe to Cardiff announced.

N64 wrote: »
    Close friend of mine who works for the DAA is telling me to expect a huge announcement regarding a certain middle eastern carrier towards the end of this month

Finally announcing Qatar to Doha, it's been known for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Rawr

Finally announcing Qatar to Doha, it's been known for months.

Probably that.
    Hoping out of hope, it might also be that Emirates want to start flying their A380s to Dublin?

If that were even to happen, could DUB realistically facilitate a Super-Jumbo? I can't remember where, but I think there was mention on these boards of some kind of A380-ready pier/gate being planned.
    Either way, a Doha route is probably most likely, I'm just wishfully thinking of possible A380s landing at Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Aer Lingus Regional also announced Dublin - Doncaster Sheffield today aswell

Dublin Airport welcomes today’s announcement by Aer Lingus Regional, operated by Stobart Air, that it is to operate services to Doncaster Sheffield from May 29, 2015. Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said he was delighted to welcome Aer Lingus Regional’s new service to Doncaster Sheffield, which will be the airline’s fourteenth service from Dublin. “South Yorkshire is steeped in history and has many beautiful attractions for those in search of cultural and activity breaks,” he said. “This new route will also offer a wide range of convenient transatlantic connections via Dublin for passengers coming from this region and we look forward to working closely with Stobart Air to promote this new service and enhanced connectivity between Ireland and Britain,” Mr Harrison added. Stobart air Business Development Director, Peter O’Mara said “We are extremely pleased to be providing our customers with easy, convenient and great value connections and look forward to welcoming our passengers on board this new route. Along with direct traffic to Dublin, we will also target the transatlantic market from Doncaster. Passengers can travel to Dublin and seamlessly connect to Aer Lingus’ mainline services to the US and Canada. This will save hours of travel time and queueing in US airports by availing of US Customs and border preclearance facilities in Dublin Airport prior to boarding.” Stobair Air’s new route will be the eighteenth new service from Dublin Airport in 2015. Flights will operate five times weekly from May until October. Dublin Airport wishes Aer Lingus Regional every success with this new service.

Rawr wrote: »
    Probably that.
    Hoping out of hope, it might also be that Emirates want to start flying their A380s to Dublin?

If that were even to happen, could DUB realistically facilitate a Super-Jumbo? I can't remember where, but I think there was mention on these boards of some kind of A380-ready pier/gate being planned.
    Either way, a Doha route is probably most likely, I'm just wishfully thinking of possible A380s landing at Dublin :D

Not this year for the A380, next year has a much better chance as the remote A380 capable stand will be ready in April/may 2016. I expect some movement on a full contact stand later this (works starting) year. Also plans are in place to lengthen 28/10 by about 500-600ft and put shoulders on E6 for code F aircraft and a few other turns around the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

the remote A380 capable stand

Not sure if this is that attractive to Emirates, indeed is it even practical to bus hundreds of people to an A380.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement