Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

Aer Lingus is switching from Berlin-Schönefeld to Berlin-Tegel from 25 October 2015.

That's a welcome change, Schönefeld is a terrible airport.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is that attractive to Emirates, indeed is it even practical to bus hundreds of people to an A380.

Sorry I'm not saying that it will be actively used for loading or unloading an A380, I was simply saying that a remote A380 stand would be ready then. I'm not aware of when the full contact stand will be ready I imagine afterwards. The location of this stand is over towards where taxiway Golf is so as I said its a "remote" stand more for diversion or tech A380s.

It'll be interesting having Qatar airways also going to the ME, I say that as Etihad have dropped the 777 flight, will they be able to sustain three carriers or will it pick up again during the summer season.

VG31 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus is switching from Berlin-Schönefeld to Berlin-Tegel from 25 October 2015.

Great and welcome news, I wonder why they are moving. Like you said schönefeld is terrible and cramped in departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Great and welcome news, I wonder why they are moving. Like you said schönefeld is terrible and cramped in departures.

Possibly related to Ryanair opening a base there around the same time with an increase in flights to and from DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Looking at wikipedia apparently Swiss will be flying to Geneva as well from June 26.
    http://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/airline-baut-aus-swiss-fliegt-ab-genf-neu-nach-dublin-und-algier-id3540689.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Is 28 long enough for an A380? I'd say no at a guess, but it is just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Also flybe to Bournemouth from May?

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Also flybe to Bournemouth from May?

Yes from the 18 May
    http://www.flybe.com/timetableClassic/timetable.jsp?selDep=DUB&selDest=XXX

Is 28 long enough for an A380? I'd say no at a guess, but it is just a guess.

I'd say yes personally, its only a 7 hour flight to Dubai. Not a 13 hour flight to Bangkok after all.

However, they are extending 10/28 by about c600ft by adding an extra bit either end giving multiple line up points and an overtaking taxiway at the 10 end. Putting shoulders on E6 and realigning E3 as a rapid exit taxiway. All code F compliant. I think stand 303 was to be converted into an A380 stand with triple airbridge and complete overhaul of pier 3 and a lounge put in.

dogcat wrote: »
    Looking at wikipedia apparently Swiss will be flying to Geneva as well from June 26.
    http://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/airline-baut-aus-swiss-fliegt-ab-genf-neu-nach-dublin-und-algier-id3540689.html

Good spot, not announced yet by the DAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

and an overtaking taxiway at the 10 end. Putting shoulders on E6 and realigning E3 as a rapid exit taxiway. All code F compliant.

where are they going to fit in the overtaking taxi way? Any link to a plan? Just curious :)

Razor44 wrote: »
    where are they going to fit in the overtaking taxi way? Any link to a plan? Just curious :)

Where the perimeter fence at B7 goes northwards it will go there, road wont move but they will probably put in some form of berm for the jetblast.

The draft I saw is the same as the one that they have in their submission to CAR except they are realigning E3.

http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/2014-05-29%20DAA%20Capital%20Investment%20Proposals.pdf

Page 128 for the A380 remote stand, that large stand was redesigned so it could accommodate an A380. Ready April/May 2016.

Page 132 for the contact A380 stand (not sure of timeline for this one).

Page 185 for the extension, draft I saw is the same as this version. It says 2017 in the submission, I don't know if this has been brought forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Tegel isn't great either to be honest, although you are dead right about Shchonefeld. The only thing going for it is the connection to the S-bahn and RE network.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tegel isn't great either to be honest, although you are dead right about Shchonefeld. The only thing going for it is the connection to the S-bahn and RE network.

I'd completely disagree - Terminal A at Tegel is a dream - off the aircraft, individual luggage belt, passport control and customs for each gate and straight out of the airside area.

It's much faster than any other airport (apart from London City) to get through.

Of course EI may operate from one of the other terminals.

Then there are two express bus routes into the city that operate at a high frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

SWISS will operate Dublin/Geneva four times a week, MoWeFrSu.

Flight will operate:
    Depart Geneva 06:10 / Arrive Dublin 07:20
    Depart Dublin 08:00 / Arrive Geneva 11:15

Great to see them expanding their Dublin operation - it would be nice if they could add a second flight to Zurich that would tie into the evening longhaul departures.

I haven't been to Tegel but it must be better than Schönefeld! Schönefeld is far too small so people have to sit on the floor. It's also dirty and way too hot inside. Some public toilets I've been in are better than the toilets there. The queues for check in and security were very long.

I haven't been to Tegel but it must be better than Schönefeld! Schönefeld is far too small so people have to sit on the floor. It's also dirty and way too hot inside. Some public toilets I've been in are better than the toilets there. The queues for check in and security were very long.

I love the way you have to check-in in the low fares terminal but then have to walk all the way through the main terminal to your stand depending on where they dump your inbound flight in Schönefeld.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

Ryanair are increasing their service from Berlin. If they fill their planes that would be an extra approx 100k people going through Dublin Airport each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

EI Regional to Doncaster DSA from May:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-regional-to-launch-doncaster-service-1.2127823

Wasn't this one of the routes launched at the very start of Regional (when there were no connections) that were rapidly dropped? Along with Durham / MME.

There must not be much capacity left for summer at Regional even with the SNN closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Ryanair are increasing their service from Berlin. If they fill their planes that would be an extra approx 100k people going through Dublin Airport each year.
    Any published flight times?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I have edited the original post with all additions. Any corrections needed, feel fee to PM me so I can update with some clarity:

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if someone could help me to make a list of all the new routes out of Dublin for next year.
    So far I have:

Ethiopian Airlines - Addis Ababa, Los Angeles
    Ryanair - Copenhagen, Lublin.
    Aer Lingus L/H - Washington-Dulles (and a 3rd Daily DUB-JFK in the Summer)
    Aer Lingus Regional - Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, Doncaster, Newquay
    Aer Lingus S/H - Nantes, Agadir(previously a winter only route)
    Vueling - Barcelona
    SAS - Gothenberg
    WOW air - Reykjavik
    Finnair - Helsinki
    United - Chicago
    Transavia -Paris
    Europe Airpost - Halifax, Paris;
    Swiss - Geneva
    Flybe - Cardiff, Bournemouth

22 new routes as of March 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

murphaph wrote: »
    Any published flight times?

A 7 am flight on Monday/Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

With all these announcements I'm surprised Ryanair have added just two. I'd have thought they'd try to show themselves as adding more routes than any other operator, just to be... well, Ryanair.

C'mon Ryanair, add Dublin - Nuremberg, that'd be one of the best airports for my selfish needs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does anybody know why Ryanair don't cater for the Greek Islands from Dub?
    The only Greek destination they serve is Chania, which is on the arse end of Crete.
    Falcon/First Choice charge a fortune for flights to the likes of Zante/heraklion/rhodes/corfu, surely 1 Ryanair plane in the summer could service all of those islands and make a tidy profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I think there's issues with rosters for return flights to Greece, not sure though seeing as they do Lanzarote etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

lxflyer wrote: »
    I'd completely disagree - Terminal A at Tegel is a dream - off the aircraft, individual luggage belt, passport control and customs for each gate and straight out of the airside area.

It's much faster than any other airport (apart from London City) to get through.

Of course EI may operate from one of the other terminals.

Then there are two express bus routes into the city that operate at a high frequency.
    Tegel is indeed a nice airport to use and has a great city airport feel to it. I will definitely miss Tegel when it shuts (the lands will be used for social housing and if Berlin manages to win its Olympic bid, it will be the Olympic Village first.

If they ever get the new airport open that is!

The EI move to TXL though is bad from my perspective as we are closer to SXF (I only really use TXL for work as I only need to fly to Munich now and again and you can only fly there from TXL). Really curious to know why EI are moving actually...can't believe the FR base thing is unrelated.

murphaph wrote: »
    Really curious to know why EI are moving actually...can't believe the FR base thing is unrelated.

Maybe they want to reduce competition from Ryanair? At the moment, EI and FR both fly into Schonefeld. If Ryanair is cheaper there is no advantage of flying by Aer Lingus into the same airport. People may be willing to pay a bit extra to fly into Tegel (I certainly would going by my experience of Schonefeld).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Maybe they want to reduce competition from Ryanair? At the moment, EI and FR both fly into Schonefeld. If Ryanair is cheaper there is no advantage of flying by Aer Lingus into the same airport. People may be willing to pay a bit extra to fly into Tegel (I certainly would going by my experience of Schonefeld).

Don't believe that is the reason, EI are the dominant carrier to Berlin and have being with some time. Brussels, Barcelona, Madrid to name a few where they compete side by side.

SXF could of asked them to move considering SXF is maxed out and FR are dumping almost 200 more weekly flights. The move was announced before SXF based was added.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Im sure this was discussed before in a thread somewhere but I cant find it.

Leaving aside lack of airframes, was there talk of EI or someone offering DUB-LAS direct?

If not, why not? Is there not potential for a 2-3 weekly service. Remembering that DUB-MCO started as a charter many moons ago. The BA/VS LGW-LAS flights are always busy.

• Advertisement

Im sure this was discussed before in a thread somewhere but I cant find it.

Leaving aside lack of airframes, was there talk of EI or someone offering DUB-LAS direct?

If not, why not? Is there not potential for a 2-3 weekly service. Remembering that DUB-MCO started as a charter many moons ago. The BA/VS LGW-LAS flights are always busy.

I can't see it happening under current ownership, I can see them doing LAX again and Miami. It'll be interesting to see how Ethiopian get on on the route, I can see EI starting it at 3x per week on opposite days to ETH and trying to do a Ryanair on them.

I think it was mentioned on here by other posters as a personal route they would like to see happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement