Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Aer Lingus going to operate a 16 weekly liverpool service from October, offering transatlantic connections. It will be operated by an A320.

I was expecting LPL, but on an ATR. They'd pulled the A320 off nearly every other UK route bar London and some rotations to MAN/BHX.

Last obvious gap in the UK route network filled really. They could start going after KLM's connecting pax from the tiny airports (MME, DSA, etc) but I doubt there's major returns there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

L1011 wrote: »
    I was expecting LPL, but on an ATR. They'd pulled the A320 off nearly every other UK route bar London and some rotations to MAN/BHX.

Last obvious gap in the UK route network filled really. They could start going after KLM's connecting pax from the tiny airports (MME, DSA, etc) but I doubt there's major returns there.

Agreed - next steps for me, although probably a while off would be to focus on mainland europe, places like Eindhoven, Brugges etc possibly even Scandanevia as SAS dont have a huge US network.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Agreed - next steps for me, although probably a while off would be to focus on mainland europe, places like Eindhoven, Brugges etc possibly even Scandanevia as SAS dont have a huge US network.

Brugge, does it even have its own airport ?

Ostend and its 25km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Didn't take long.
    Dublin to Birmingham (from 4 up to 6 x daily), Liverpool (from 3 up to 4 x daily) and Manchester (from 5 up to 6 x daily)

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150521-extra-business-services-from-dublin-to-the-uk-from-just-9-99/?market=ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A few bargains to the UK are guarenteed! 12x daily to BHX, 12x daily to MAN and 6x/7x daily to LPL!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Van.Bosch wrote: »

They have DY, EI and FR have failed on Stockholm, FR have drastically reduced Rygee also. Scandinavian generally support there own and can't see it changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'll take it! The more choice to the UK, the better.

Could do with a few more altogether new Ryanair routes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They have DY, EI and FR have failed on Stockholm, FR have drastically reduced Rygee also. Scandinavian generally support there own and can't see it changing.

True. If they want to expand the hub though they will have to increase capacity somewhere, especially with Ryanair responding to their UK expansion as shown today.

EI got significant transfer traffic from ARN - before DY started direct transatlantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Carnacalla wrote: »
    In the meantime, Vegas is available from BFS. Its one of the only routes that they have the advantage of DUB over.

with which airline!?!

with which airline!?!

Thomas Cook.

EI got significant transfer traffic from ARN - before DY started direct transatlantic.

That is why I said they have DY, ARN did really well during the first year for JFK pax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Rawr

Very true on the FR presence at Rygge. I used to use it quite a but from travel back to DUB, mostly due to the daily flights on that route. Now it seems to be every other day, and thus I'm never using it. (Flights never seem to match up with my plans).

SK and DY seem to be cleaning up on the Norwegian market, and between them they've got plenty of flights between OSL and DUB. I think FR are now focusing on flights to Eastern Europe and the Med from Rygge. (Although I barely see them advertising lately here in Norway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The inaugural flight to Doncaster was today and EI-CBK is now on finals back at DUB as STK11DS.

The inaugural flight to Doncaster was today and EI-CBK is now on finals back at DUB as STK11DS.

I managed to forget that route was even being relaunched. Should have a much better chance than when it was first launched (it having been one of the day 1 EI Regional routes in 2010, but with far worse connecting options)

I bet they didn't forget in Doncaster.

I assume there won't be any more Stobart expansion for a while now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The cityjet lease in Cardiff ends sometime in June AFAIK so there will be a spare aircraft after that. They also only have 1 active aircraft at SEN these days so it looks like there could be scope

WOW Air have made a great introduction into the Dublin market, the 2nd flight being delayed only 10hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Is there any plans for another airline to fly Arlanda-Dublin? SAS is killing me lately. Lucky to get a flight under 250EUR these days for a weekend in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Is there any plans for another airline to fly Arlanda-Dublin? SAS is killing me lately. Lucky to get a flight under 250EUR these days for a weekend in Dublin

Ryanair will be looking into expansion again this year to Sweden. Dublin - Gothenburg is a very likely contender and it's not that bad to fly into if you want to get into Stockholm.

Kinda funny that Copenhagen has exactly the opposite problem. I don't see four operators sustaining for much longer on that route

Its unlikely anyone other than the 4 that have been on it will ever enter it; until a new operator starts up - the last Scandi new operator to announce DUB went bust before the route launch.

Its unlikely anyone other than the 4 that have been on it will ever enter it; until a new operator starts up - the last Scandi new operator to announce DUB went bust before the route launch.

Norwegian would be best bet (not operated it yet) however they took a lot chats to get them to fly HEL which has worked. Only a matter of time I expect.

Norwegian would be best bet (not operated it yet) however they took a lot chats to get them to fly HEL which has worked. Only a matter of time I expect.

Oops, thought they'd been on it. Definitely most likely in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Ryanair will start flying to Amsterdam Schipol from October of this year. No news on whether the flights to Eindhoven have stopped too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement