Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable punishment in crèche?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Mary63 wrote: »
    She wouldnt need childcare if she only had as many children as she can afford,she cant afford to pay for quality childcare and good quality staff,no adult with a titter of wit would do this to a small child so obviously this creche. is employing badly trained uncaring staff.

I love my own children but cant stand other peoples and even i would not upset a small child after a long,long day in a creche like this.

No need to be so patronising. What exactly can she do about that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

She wouldnt need childcare if she only had as many children as she can afford,she cant afford to pay for quality childcare and good quality staff,no adult with a titter of wit would do this to a small child so obviously this creche. is employing badly trained uncaring staff.

I love my own children but cant stand other peoples and even i would not upset a small child after a long,long day in a creche like this.

Laying the guilt on thick Mary. Are you in favour of social engineering deciding who can and can't have children depending on their wealth???
    OP sounds like a rough situation best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

There are no words.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thread closed while I go back through it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

unhelpful posting is still not tolerated here.

• Advertisement

please keep posts on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sligo1 wrote: »
    There are no words.....

I could have thought of a few choice words!

I came in to share what was done discipline-wise with my little girl, when she was fighting with another child. She is on the ECCE scheme this year, so is a little bit older, she is 3. When i was picking her up, she was on a timeout chair in the baby room.

The two children were slapping eachother in the head, over a toy they both wanted. They were separated, told to stop hitting, and each given toys at opposite ends of the room. Apparantly they were both a bit cross, so they started again. They were separated again. Started fighting again a couple of minutes later. This was the third time, so they were each brought to timeout chairs, and my daughter's one was in her sisters room.

I asked my daughter about it afterwards, and she was more embarressed about the teachers "telling" on her, than anything else. I guess she didn't want me giving out to her as well! There were no tears, and she was still indignant about the little boy who wanted her toy.

Creches do need a way to stop children misbehaving, especially if they are hitting other children. But in my own experience, it's used to calm them down and diffuse the situation, rather than as a punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bluewolf wrote: »
    you

In response to your snide selective-quoting, I was specifically referring to my children, who are not in a creche and will be home-schooled.

I doubt anyone with toddlers in a creche would choose to educate their child at home, when they can be sent to a free creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

In response to your snide selective-quoting, I was specifically referring to my children, who are not in a creche and will be home-schooled.

I doubt anyone with toddlers in a creche would choose to educate their child at home, when they can be sent to a free creche.

Wow the view must be great up there on your high horse. :rolleyes:

God forbid people choose to send their kids to public schools and to make use of the free childcare that is available to them.

What a patronising person you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Can you clarify whether both you and your wife are home fulltime? Which crèches are free?

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    Which crèches are free?

I think Mr Loaded is calling school a creche. And he has already said he takes one day off a fortnight to give the wifey a hand with the "mental" kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    I think Mr Loaded is calling school a creche. And he has already said he takes one day off a fortnight to give the wifey a hand with the "mental" kids.

Only one day?? Sure what's he raving on about so?....

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Only one day?? Sure what's he raving on about so?....

I know. He has free childcare, his missus.
    They are, quite frankly, a pain in the ass to look after....frantic, messy, loud, annoying. No one really takes to them. They would be first into the dark room. I see them every morning and every evening and all weekend but it's still not enough though they drive me mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread is closed. Insults are flying. Please remember to attack the post and not the poster. You are all lucky there were not infractions and ban's handed out, some of you know better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement