Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...Kids? No choice.

Options
  • 04-11-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just came back from (another) doc appointment. They stated that it will be unlikely I will get my periods back (missing nearly 5 years now - no certain diagnosis) and so I am now facing what is likely a childless future. I am early 30's, not in a relationship and was never certain I wanted kids.
    However, I can't help feeling upset and well 'broken'. I thought I had dealt with this last year, but having the doctor tell me again...I just feel all over the place...and, silly as it sounds, 'un-loveable'.
    Can any women share their stories of how they coped with dealing with infertility? If you were single at the time and knew about your infertility, and then met someone, how is this kind of subject broached?

TIA

Advertisement