Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling House

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

hey I'm just tagging onto this one for the ride pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I've had my eye on this

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/heyford-25-garville-avenue-rathgar-dublin-6/2899855

I cant afford it but I have my eye on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RiseNshine

According to "some"on this thread if you hold out you'll be able to buy this for a few hundred as prices are falling and falling blah blah blah. Load of unsupportive garbage. Good luck with the house purchase. Very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

tenifan wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, how much are you asking for your house?
    In Euros (as opposed to as a percentage of the price in 2007)
    RiseNshine wrote: »
    That's not for discussion. What is up for discussion is how the market is trending.

Eh, no the discussion certainly wasn't about market trends!

Your posts moan about the fair price you set, and how a mean buyer undercut it by 40k, and how it's now 40% lower than the peak, and how it's in a prime area, and how you're so stressed that you can't sell your house at a fair price.

And when you're asked a fairly direct question, how much are you looking, it's not up for discussion.

Your post is titled "Selling House". The reason you can't sell your house is because you're looking for too much money.

That should be the end of the discussion.

One bidder...wally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

One bidder...wally

If I were you, I'd take wally's money

Your position is based solely on the basis that people don't buy houses because they MAY be priced incorrectly. There are many variables that determine house sales. You're obsessed with high prices!!

According to "some"on this thread if you hold out you'll be able to buy this for a few hundred as prices are falling and falling blah blah blah. Load of unsupportive garbage. Good luck with the house purchase. Very nice

TBH this is more in my bracket

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/1-seabanks-balbriggan-north-county-dublin/2946009

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Saipanne wrote: »
    You're boring me. Say something interesting next or I won't bother responding.

Here is something interesting....don't post in this thread again. The tone in which you interact with other users is not acceptable nor welcome here.

😄 you made me laugh. Love to put some on this thread in this house and let them at it. Would be a nice doer upper. I can even envisage people queuing outside and putting in sealed bids.

• Advertisement

😄 you made me laugh. Love to put some on this thread in this house and let them at it. Would be a nice doer upper. I can even envisage people queuing outside and putting in sealed bids.

that balbriggan house? seriously, it doesn't look that bad. assuming the area isn't too bad and there's no structural damage (big assumptions), but you could spend €20k on new windows and floors and some white paint, list it at €250k, point out it would have cost €350k during the boom, and then moan at what you consider a derisive offer of €140k

that balbriggan house? seriously, it doesn't look that bad. assuming the area isn't too bad and there's no structural damage (big assumptions), but you could spend €20k on new windows and floors and some white paint, list it at €250k, point out it would have cost €350k during the boom, and then moan at what you consider a derisive offer of €140k

To be fair there are significant issues (by the looks) with title and planning. If I was fully qualified I might take a run at it. The other issue would be I also have to want to live in Balbriggan and I don't :pac:

To be fair there are significant issues (by the looks) with title and planning. If I was fully qualified I might take a run at it. The other issue would be I also have to want to live in Balbriggan and I don't :pac:

At that price, it would save me a fortune in my commute. Rent out a couple of rooms and live there mid-week.

But yea, it's dodgy when you see rubbish like "We understand the property adjoins all main services . Find out yourself. We understand that the property is freehold. Ask the solicitor."

It's misleading if anything. It's like a second hand car dealer saying "we understand the timing belt has been changed. you are responsible for asking the last garage that serviced it. we understand it's not subject to a HP agreement. You are responsible for satisfying yourself of this"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Your position is based solely on the basis that people don't buy houses because they MAY be priced incorrectly. There are many variables that determine house sales. You're obsessed with high prices!!

And yet yours does not sell. I wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I never said I wanted a high price. All I want is a fair price and your response is vindictive.

The market deems what a fair price is, not you. If you're doubting the estate agent then I'd simply approach another and see what they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

The market sets the price, fair or not.

Secondly, the estate agent has little genuine interest in the time needed to push your price and get it. E.g.,

- 1.5% fee on €250k = 3750
    - 1.5% fee on €275k = 4125
    - 1.5% fee on €300k = 4500

so you see, when getting an extra 10k is a large chunk of money, maybe almost 9 or 10 months mortgage payments to you, to the estate agent it might mean €150 extra. The time and effort required to get an extra 10k on your sale price is not probably worth it for just 150 quid.

My advice, is if you are within 10 or 15% of the asking price, your agent will be happy as they have the 90% of their own realistic maximum fee. You will need to then to the work yourself to get the last bit - that matters to you, but little to the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I think Potatoeman meant she "eventually had to sell for a fraction of what it used to be worth"

Yes. She stayed out as long as she could and had to sell for a fraction of what it used to be worth. My point being if you have to sell be prepared for drops just in case. In her situation age was a factor so she could not hold it any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

OP Perhaps you need to align your expectations to the market. You might just have to accept a lower price since things have definitely quietened down. I am the only bidder on a place right now and I'm below asking. The last place I lost out on only had me and one other bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

Very good point but done on this thread are talking prices down without much economic data to support their view. Just pub talk over a pint....we'll I think dat houses are gonna fall....slurp!

You really are stuck in 2007, aren't you! I politely replied to your thread in an effort to give you something to consider, which is apparently what you where looking for. It's not my or anybody else's fault, if we believe that factors will drive prices down. I remember builders in 2007/2008 saying "country is full of idiots, they talked the market down" Lol. The worst thing is they actually believed it, and now I found somebody so ignorant to what they want, that they have used the same theory.

I gave many reasons why I think prices will fall. It was actually you that made a vague comment about Dublin being undervalued compared with other EU capitals, so who's talking BS without facts? Who carried that study? The reason I asked for your findings is because I know they're complete BS, and I already said, study disposable incomes in those places.

Listen; nobody here knows who you are, nobody has a personal grudge, and nobody wants you to suffer. But people have given honest opinions and it's up to you to accept them. I didn't really want to be rude, but you sound like a greedy guts, I'd say you jumped on the bandwagon and advertised your house about 10% above similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's not for discussion. What is up for discussion is how the market is trending.

You started by saying that you had your house advertised and nobody was viewing, though. You questioned the efforts being made by the estate agent, or why else there might be no interest in your house.

You then dismiss all the view posted by everyone else, but make pronouncements on what WILL (not might) happen the market, and why.

What DO you hope to achieve with this thread?

You appear not to have considered that at this particular time, in this market, your price is clearly too high - otherwise people would be viewing and buying. You can argue about the reasons for this till the cows come home, but the fact remains that if your house were priced at a point that people (today) are willing to pay, then it would sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Whats the name of that poster over on Landlord.com, the 'old style landlord with the big heart'? Everyone over there thinks he's for real, but on a good look at his posts, they seem to be a pure mickey take.

I reckon RiseNshine is of a similar vein, and is stringing us all along. He's all Harry 'loadsamoney' Enfield , it's 2007 all over again...way too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm afraid you need to deal with reality. If your house is priced in a reasonable band for people to be buying in that area, including things like condition and amenity access, and advertised on Daft or MyHome, you would be getting some interest. If it is not, and you really want to entertain the possiblity of selling it soon, asking price is your primary tool.

I'm not an estate agent and a lot of the estate agents I've met I have not had much time for. But they all have one thing in common: they need a point of interest for someone to walk through the door to ask about a house.

That point of interest is a confluence of the following factors:
    1. what can I afford
    2. what condition is this house in
    3. what would I have to do to make it habitable
    4. where is it related to work
    5. how does it fit into my future plans
    6. does it represent value for my money

Your issue isn't supply driven for the following reason: if your house was priced correctly, you would get enough interest from more than one party to drive the bids up to a reasonable market clearing price. As this is not happening, I can only assume that there is either something seriously wrong with the house or it is not appropriately priced for the market at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hey I'm just tagging onto this one for the ride pal

Constructive posts only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

jay0109 wrote: »
    Whats the name of that poster over on Landlord.com, the 'old style landlord with the big heart'? Everyone over there thinks he's for real, but on a good look at his posts, they seem to be a pure mickey take.

I reckon RiseNshine is of a similar vein, and is stringing us all along. He's all Harry 'loadsamoney' Enfield , it's 2007 all over again...way too good to be true

Tought so as well... if a home Owner was concerned enough to ask opinion on here they would be more open to opinions

Advertisement