Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview won't turn on

• 04-11-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, we have the Saorview box and have never got it to turn on by using the power button. To turn it on we have to unplug it and then plug it back in again. We bought it from DID and they were very good about it; they exchanged it three times and had it working fine in the store. We gave up and decided to live with it. Obviously I can't live with it anymore and now my printer has the same issue. I know this life can't be perfected, but I mean, why me?
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Can you try turning it on by pressing one of the number buttons, or the channel up or down button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Neil99 wrote: »
    Hi, we have the Saorview box and have never got it to turn on by using the power button. To turn it on we have to unplug it and then plug it back in again. We bought it from DID and they were very good about it; they exchanged it three times and had it working fine in the store. We gave up and decided to live with it. Obviously I can't live with it anymore and now my printer has the same issue. I know this life can't be perfected, but I mean, why me?
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    Many thanks

You never stated what make and model box you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Neil99

Streetlight, it is unresponsive to everything apart from unplugging and then plugging in the power cable.
    SPAWKER, it's a Triax TR 112.

thanks for your replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Neil99.
    I haven't got one of these but have a look at this thread ---
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86761051
    It mentions a software update which (quote)"Prevents box going into and getting stuck in standby (very rare but happend occassionaly)"

Could be worth a try updating your box unless it has the latest update of course

Regards

Thanks for that Oscarziggy, I'll give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The triax boxes are trigger happy just barely press the power button and it will switch on, a hard press or too long of a press will switch it on and then turn it off again, there is a power button also on the front of the box..

Have found the TR112 to be one of the most reliable out there..

Software up to date but still not working properly. I will have to live with it I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It worked in the shop but not at your home?

Yes it was working in the shop but it doesn't work at home. I don't understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Could there be something jamming the remote signal such as a bright fluorescent light or the box behind glass? It must be something local to your setup if it's OK n the shop.

• Advertisement

Gerry Wicklow, it's not just the remote, the power button on the box itself doesn't respond. Once the box is turned on it is possible to then turn it off and on with either the box power switch or the remote. But if it is off for a number of hours it becomes unresponsive again. I also tried it with different power cables but no joy.

Neil99 wrote: »
    But if it is off for a number of hours it becomes unresponsive again. .

Don't turn it off !!
    Do you mean in standby?

Regards

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Don't turn it off !!
    Do you mean in standby?

Regards

I don't mean in standby, it won't turn on from off.
    Well I could leave it on I suppose and that would solve the problem. But still, I should be able to turn it off and on and don't like the idea of having it on all the time.

So you turn the external power supply off on the mains power point?
    And when you switch the external power supply back on in a few hours time the receiver doesn't come on ?
    You then have to switch the external power supply off then back on again for the box to work?

Sounds like the power supply isn't starting up --- have you tried a different supply rated at 12volt 2amp centre pin +?
    You say you have tried with a different "power cable" ?

Just trying to help .......
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

I have the same issue. The only way to turn it on sometimes is to unplug and plug. Very annoying. The box itself is a bit inconsistent compared to a HUMAX box that I have.
    Coupled with the fact that timeshifting doesn't work it's a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi,

You say your printer isn't working as well, perhaps the mains sockets have gone faulty. If you know somebody qualified ask them to change the sockets and see if that helps.

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi,

You say your printer isn't working as well, perhaps the mains sockets have gone faulty. If you know somebody qualified ask them to change the sockets and see if that helps.

Yes that's a possibility although I'm getting to the stage where I am learning to live with it and am reluctant to throw more money at it.

Advertisement