Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for ordering from a US website that doesn't ship to Ireland?

• 04-11-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking for a service like Parcel Motel, but for an American address rather than a UK one. I want to order an Xbox One that's 100 quid cheaper on Amazon.com than it is on UK, and since games console don't face import duty the shipping's the only issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

A couple of companies mentioned on this recent thread :-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=92047484

Shipito seem to be recommended fairly often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

TJMac93 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a service like Parcel Motel, but for an American address rather than a UK one. I want to order an Xbox One that's 100 quid cheaper on Amazon.com than it is on UK, and since games console don't face import duty the shipping's the only issue.

eh VAT? @ 23% is added

Rate of exchange is currently about $1.25 - so ballpark the US dollar rate will be your delivered euro price including vat but excluding delivery charges. e.g. if it $399, it will be €399 when you have your vat added.

Then shipping charges - probably another €70 + - and there will be vat on the shipping charges too.

Then you will need to get a transformer to use on Irish power system and socket adaptor and of course if anything goes wrong with it, its tough luck.

Expect the final price to be about €100 MORE than you would pay here.

Here's an exaple

Xbox + kinect

Ireland €499
    UK £389 (€498)
    USA $499 + sales tax - when Irish vat is added, and exchange rate done, the price is €493

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TJMac93

Wow good points. I heard that some games will be region locked if they use a DVD instead of a Blu Ray and that some downloads won't work either so it looks like I'll just leave it! Thanks man, you've saved me a lot of trouble

Advertisement