Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gregory Campbell curried yogurt

Options
  • 04-11-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

What is wrong with Greg. He was on spotlight tonight saying that parodying the Irish language as he did was not wrong and get used to it.

If this was done to the Indian, Chinese or other language it would be condemned as it should be.

All but the DUP have condemned it.

I am not a particular supporter of ramming the Irish language down peoples throats and in fact believe that the subject should be optional in Rep of Ire schools where me and mine were educated.

I despair at our government in the south but how do NI residents deal with this sort of attitude in their so called leaders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

You don't have to plumb the depths of Greg Campbell's challenged intellect to find that stuff in NI. Remember Peter Robinson's comments about Muslims. And long, long ago Mr. Robinson made simiarly bigoted remarks about the presence of non-whites in the Republic of Ireland soccer team. Some people have a problem over anyone who is in any way different. And when people of limited intellect are constantly told that they are superior and others are inferior, as happened in Germany 1933-1945, in 19th century Imperial Great Britain and in 19th century "manifest destiny" America as the "frontiermen" engaged in ethnic cleansing, it's very difficult to root out that bigotry. It will probably take generatîons of education. A few years ago I met a prominent resident of NI who described people there who hold views similar to Campbell's as Neanderthals.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

feargale wrote: »
    You don't have to plumb the depths of Greg Campbell's challenged intellect to find that stuff in NI. Remember Peter Robinson's comments about Muslims. And long, long ago Mr. Robinson made simiarly bigoted remarks about the presence of non-whites in the Republic of Ireland soccer team. Some people have a problem over anyone who is in any way different. And when people of limited intellect are constantly told that they are superior and others are inferior, as happened in Germany 1933-1945, in 19th century Imperial Great Britain and in 19th century "manifest destiny" America as the "frontiermen" engaged in ethnic cleansing, it's very difficult to root out that bigotry. It will probably take generatîons of education. A few years ago I met a prominent resident of NI who described people there who hold views similar to Campbell's as Neanderthals.

You are right, I am from a border area in the south and infrequently tune in to NI politics. I shouldn't as it really is unfathomable unless you know who's who.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The simple explanation is that Gregory Campbell is a jackass.

If you follow him closely uou will conclude that he has the intellect and wit of a 10 year old.

In other words, he's techinically a moron.

(i.e. a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.)

Advertisement