Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jennifer McCann knew

Options
  • 05-11-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Jen, Sinn Fein, knew about about Maria Cahill being sexually abused and did nothing about it. She let a sexual predator with IRA support continue to live and further abuse others in her own community.

This is unacceptable and the NI community should not put up with it.

There was a similar IRA pedophile allowed to operate in a border town in the south. Telling didn't matter if you were young as he was in such a powerful position in the minds of the community. He was despised but still people were too afraid to say anything, even the children's parents! However, those people are not now representing their communities in government.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

Did I hear correctly on Vincent Brown Clip that it was her uncle that abused her. Where are her parnts in all this. Did she follow the correct procedures, tell her parents. report it to the law,. etc.. I am annoyed that so much dail time is given to a case of one individual when so many other peoples lives are seriously effected by other matters of the day. This should be dealt with in a court of law. Politics aside. The dail is not judge and jury for an oppossition party. If Sinn Fein were not coming up in the opinion poles and posing a threat none of this would happen. Isnt it obvious to Maria Cahil she is only being used as a political football and scapegoat for major parties to attack eachother, If it was not this it would be some other scandal, How my money as a tax payer is being wasted.
    Were all the priests named in the dail and shamed. the nuns also. Were teachers, coaches, people in authority... Should every case of abuse be heard in the dail, what about the people who were abused and took their own lives, the suicide figures, the road deaths and so on. I look forward when the Government will get on with the normal day to day business of running the country.
    Should Maria Cahil not set up or work for an orginazation for abuse victims.. put her time to good use and get councilling and start the road to recovery. A vendeta against Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein is only making the rot deepen.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

Royal Tara wrote: »
    Did I hear correctly on Vincent Brown Clip that it was her uncle that abused her. Where are her parnts in all this. Did she follow the correct procedures, tell her parents. report it to the law,. etc.. I am annoyed that so much dail time is given to a case of one individual when so many other peoples lives are seriously effected by other matters of the day. This should be dealt with in a court of law. Politics aside. The dail is not judge and jury for an oppossition party. If Sinn Fein were not coming up in the opinion poles and posing a threat none of this would happen. Isnt it obvious to Maria Cahil she is only being used as a political football and scapegoat for major parties to attack eachother, If it was not this it would be some other scandal, How my money as a tax payer is being wasted.
    Were all the priests named in the dail and shamed. the nuns also. Were teachers, coaches, people in authority... Should every case of abuse be heard in the dail, what about the people who were abused and took their own lives, the suicide figures, the road deaths and so on. I look forward when the Government will get on with the normal day to day business of running the country.
    Should Maria Cahil not set up or work for an orginazation for abuse victims.. put her time to good use and get councilling and start the road to recovery. A vendeta against Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein is only making the rot deepen.

Did she follow the correct procedure when raped by an IRA man and family member at 16!!!

Are you nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29905651
    Paula Bradley, DUP, said Jennifer McCann should consider her position, alleging she knew of abuse claims made by Ms Cahill, but did nothing.
    Am I missing something? Did Jennifer admit to knowing?

biko wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29905651

Am I missing something? Did Jennifer admit to knowing?

I took this information from Spotlight on the night I posted.

She said last night on Vincent Browne that she had a large family network... where were they?? At 16 people can be very mature. She is well able to speak up for herself, In the dail most days unlike our TDs. It happened to a Northern Irish woman, in Northern Ireland, why is so much of our dail time taken up by this, I know of people who were abused., they got counselling, and privately dealth with it, not in the limelight every day, If someone wants to help as Vincent Browne said.. get funding for the rape cricis centre, increase donaions , volunteer... When some people change their story they are lies and manipulative but when Maria Cahil changes hers she is confused..... All Government anti Sinn Fein Propeganda. I have no political allegience they are all crooks but I know when someone is being skapegoated.

• Advertisement

How on earth does a rape crisis centre help a frightened traumatised teenager whose community and family are telling her to deal with things from within. Her strength now probably comes from her feeling of being let down. She met with Gerry Adams at 19 and he didn't do anything.

Who is being scapegoated exactly? Sinn Fein are defending the actions of the time and are bringing themselves into it by not roundly condemning the kangaroo court and the rapeist being let off scotch free with getaway money. The IRA and Gerry Adams allowed a abusers to move to the Republic knowing they were sexual predators. This is fact, Gerry Adams has admitted he believed his niece but still stood by and let his brother work for youth groups in Dundalk. Hardly a scapegoat in any rational thinking persons mind.

Did you see the pics of her marching in the north when she was a teenager., far from the angelic pictures we are seeing of her now,
    she opposed the good friday agreement and was very vocal yet our government said at the time anyone that opposed the good friday agreement was opposed to peace, Did enda Kenny check her background as an activist in the north out when she was that innocent teenager living with her uncle for a year. Speaking from experience if someone raped me I wouldnt go within an asses roar of them from then on and if I had to I would be well prepared... She could have used that plackard she was carrying to clock him for starters. Im amazed how people can turn a blind eye to the truith. Amazing the draw the limelight and tv and dail and media has for young girls,. Why dont they get her help and be genuine about it,. She is not needed now to bring her uncle to justice,. The law can handle that, why doesnt she get help for herself like other victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Er, the point of this thread in the Belfast forum being what?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

el tel wrote: »
    Er, the point of this thread in the Belfast forum being what?

^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feel free to report it and a forum mod will decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

biko wrote: »
    Feel free to report it and a forum mod will decide.

I did report it at the time, and have heard nothing further and the post remains. I don't think the mods frequent this dusty corner of the forum too frequently.

Advertisement