Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly Station to Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street

Options
  • 05-11-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys,

Please excuse my level of ignorance when it comes to all things Dublin, i'm never up in the town itself so i'm useless at reading maps on google etc.

Basically looking for how long it'd take to get from the Connolly station after getting off the train to the Carphone Warehouse (No. 2) on Henry Street?

Also looking for simple to follow directions from anyone who would oblige to give them to me. I realise it's probably extremely close, but if you could be as detailed as possible. Have to be there early in the morning and i'm terrified i'll end up getting lost on route if at all possible, it'll happen to me.

Thanks for all help in advanced.

Woun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Woun wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Please excuse my level of ignorance when it comes to all things Dublin, i'm never up in the town itself so i'm useless at reading maps on google etc.

Basically looking for how long it'd take to get from the Connolly station after getting off the train to the Carphone Warehouse (No. 2) on Henry Street?

Also looking for simple to follow directions from anyone who would oblige to give them to me. I realise it's probably extremely close, but if you could be as detailed as possible. Have to be there early in the morning and i'm terrified i'll end up getting lost on route if at all possible, it'll happen to me.

Thanks for all help in advanced.

Woun.

Don't worry uts about a ten minute walk in a straight line. Come out of the station at the Amiens street entrance (go down the escalator on the inside) and cross the road to Talbot st. Just go straight then all the way (you'll go past the Spire). The CW is halfway down Henry st on the left hand side - its close to Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Don't worry uts about a ten minute walk in a straight line. Come out of the station at the Amiens street entrance (go down the escalator on the inside) and cross the road to Talbot st. Just go straight then all the way (you'll go past the Spire). The CW is halfway down Henry st on the left hand side - its close to Arnotts.
    Or if you're feeling lazy hop on the Luas to middle abbey street, 2 mins away

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Woun

Thanks guys! So cross the road and straight on? Even think my total lack of spatial navigation can handle that! I presume the majority of people getting off the train might be heading up that way anyway seeing as it's one of the main streets so i'll follow these instructions and the crowd and can always ask if i'm lost! ;) Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Just one additional pointer to the above.

The escalator that the above poster mentions is inside the station itself. After you pass thru the ticket barrier, this escalator will be on your left. It will be BEFORE you get to the stations main entrance/exit.

At the bottom of the escalator, turn LEFT. Go out thru the glass doors & the bottom of Talbot St is directly in front of you. Cross over the road and its a straight line walk to Henry St from there. I mention this, as if you turn right at the bottom of the escalator, it brings you towards an apartment complex and offices. I used to live in that apartment complex & I gave a lot of directions to lost tourists who were wandering around looking for O'Connell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Just one additional pointer to the above.

The escalator that the above poster mentions is inside the station itself. After you pass thru the ticket barrier, this escalator will be on your left. It will be BEFORE you get to the stations main entrance/exit.

At the bottom of the escalator, turn LEFT. Go out thru the glass doors & the bottom of Talbot St is directly in front of you. Cross over the road and its a straight line walk to Henry St from there. I mention this, as if you turn right at the bottom of the escalator, it brings you towards an apartment complex and offices. I used to live in that apartment complex & I gave a lot of directions to lost tourists who were wandering around looking for O'Connell St.
    Is it not on your right??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Make sure you leave breadcrumbs to find your way back :)

But dont worry OP, living here for ages now and still cant find a thing in the city centre....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

January wrote: »

Nope it is left to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Urethra Franklin

He's probably thinking of the spiral staircase being on the right. Either way, can't miss the escalators.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

You would walk up from Connolly to Henry Street in 10 mins or so. As mentioned, head out onto Amiens Street and look for the Spire and head towards it, you won't miss it!

January wrote: »

The escalator that is inside the station? No, it will be on your left after you go thru the ticket barriers.

If you walk out the main doorway to the station (under the big Amach/Exit signs) there is another escalator down to street level. That one will be on your right as you approach it. But the one inside the station, will be on your left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Seek ye the metal pillar in the sky... make that as your pole star...
    the-spire-from-talbot-street.jpg.jpg

If you should come to the river, beware, for you have taken a wrong turn. Do not cross running water.

If you should come to the five lamps, beware, for you have taken a wrong turn.
    Printemp+arrive+12.2.2012+027.JPG

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Woun

that gave me such a good laugh ^^

anyway got there within about 10 minutes folks! The culchie survived the big shmokkeee without even getting mugged! Great day for all! HAHAAH i'm joking.

But thanks anyway directions were spot on! If the mods wanna lock this thread or that feel free, i'm happy enough!

Good for you OP.

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is an outing to IKEA.

Now THAT is something that you will need a seriously serious stash of bread crumbs for !

This thread will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Advertisement