Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Just Buy A Phone And Use On Any Network

Options
  • 05-11-2014 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Is there anywhere that I can just buy a phone, not network, no locking/jailbreaking etc etc ... Just a phone that I can use on any network that I want....

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi there,

Is there anywhere that I can just buy a phone, not network, no locking/jailbreaking etc etc ... Just a phone that I can use on any network that I want....

thanks,
    J

Yes you need to buy a sim free phone. These are normally considerably more expensive than a network locked phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Hi there,

thanks for your response. I found a couple of websites when I searched for "sim free phones Ireland" See I'm interested in just getting a bog standard with candybar phone that I can move on to whatever network I want...

http://www.phonesonline.ie/phones/nokia.html?p=2

So can I just clarify, if I buy one of these phones, I can put in a sim from any network and it will work?

regards,
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi there,

thanks for your response. I found a couple of websites when I searched for "sim free phones Ireland" See I'm interested in just getting a bog standard with candybar phone that I can move on to whatever network I want...

http://www.phonesonline.ie/phones/nokia.html?p=2

So can I just clarify, if I buy one of these phones, I can put in a sim from any network and it will work?

regards,
    J

Yes

Advertisement