Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Sue Me - Book Two

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

You'd want to see the prices she is charging to review salons!! Our salon was going to get her in but Jesus
    This post has been deleted.

I heard from a friend who works in a chemist she did an appearance in, 1500 for a beauty and blogging seminar! Not bad for two hours work and she got to take home a hamper of goodies! and apparently she was looking for crowd control too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

yes as in previous to the event she requested it as she thought there would be so many people there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hahaha

Though this book doesn't seem to be living up to the hype

Curious to know whats in the book, anyone have a look at it! I cant see what she can make a whole book about, surely stuff like fashion would be irrelevant within a short length of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

For those who hate saying bad things about her (but can't help it) wouldn't you just stop following her? Every time you click on her page you make her money. The only way to stop that kind of nonsense is to ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

at this stage I only follower her on Facebook for the fun factor and not the reality of regular shopping and beauty advice. She has become too high end for me. Its all about brand and not exactly about how to dress well. There must be alot who can afford that style I guess it may be a Dublin City thing as the economy is getting better in the City
    , but for me like sashafierce said it is Sinead's Curvy style on Facebook. She has a fantastic way about her page and site. She is natural and approachable. Her view and advice on dressing well is current and yet classic. She does the ground work for us and shows the shops that are affordable and wears the clothes to show us how they realy are. Hope Sinead brings out a book next year !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This just got deleted! Lol, dunno why I find it so funny! The responses were quite humorous!

What was she saying exactly? Complaining that she wasn't getting enough likes or what?

said her instagram likes weren't calculating. Lot of smart comments and it got deleted, not necessarily nasty comments just the usual comments anyone would get if they were asking why they're instagram likes weren't calculating.

I don't know why it got deleted but anywho

Hahaha. First world problems is right. She must have a lot of time on her hands if she's noticing things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

75 quid for her "workshop" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Words fail me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I was reading through one of the comments on Sue's instagram photo from today and one girl said how she brought her cousin who is 13 and a massive fan to a book signing. Her cousin told Sue how she loved her,said she was really pretty and followed her on twitter,etc and the girl claimed Sue didn't smile and said simply said "can you give me the book there". The girl said in the comment how she was really disappointed that Sue pretty much ignored her cousin. I was really stunned and disappointed to read something so negative as in her youtube videos and on twitter, she comes across as such a sweetheart. I'm a fan too(I'm 19). I read her blog for make up tips more than anything else and I've disocered great and reasonably cheap products because of her reviews. I haven't got her book yet but her first one was brilliant so I'll definitely be getting her latest one

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I was reading through one of the comments on Sue's instagram photo from today and one girl said how she brought her cousin who is 13 and a massive fan to a book signing. Her cousin told Sue how she loved her,said she was really pretty and followed her on twitter,etc and the girl claimed Sue didn't smile and said simply said "can you give me the book there". The girl said in the comment how she was really disappointed that Sue pretty much ignored her cousin. I was really stunned and disappointed to read something so negative as in her youtube videos and on twitter, she comes across as such a sweetheart. I'm a fan too(I'm 19). I read her blog for make up tips more than anything else and I've disocered great and reasonably cheap products because of her reviews. I haven't got her book yet but her first one was brilliant so I'll definitely be getting her latest one

It will either be met with a defensive response with passive aggressive undertones or deleted completely! I don't follow her anymore but past history dictates this is the only way she can communicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I seen that post and actually commented on it because I felt bad for the young girl, I just said she only got to where she is because of her fans and should just plaster on a smile good day or bad, think it was 30mins later the post was deleted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

So strange cause she was only on the radio earlier saying how she will never be rude or off with fans even if shes not in the mood because she knows and appreciates that its all because of them. She came across as a really lovely girl on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Tasden wrote: »
    So strange cause she was only on the radio earlier saying how she will never be rude or off with fans even if shes not in the mood because she knows and appreciates that its all because of them. She came across as a really lovely girl on the radio.

Agreed, don't get it all! As I said, she seems lovely in her youtube videos and is great at replying to fans on twitter. I don't understand why she deleted the photo either, the girl wasn't attacking her(she stated that in the comment!) I thought she'd explain but she simply deleted the photo. Very odd!

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Agreed, don't get it all! As I said, she seems lovely in her youtube videos and is great at replying to fans on twitter. I don't understand why she deleted the photo either, the girl wasn't attacking her(she stated that in the comment!) I thought she'd explain but she simply deleted the photo. Very odd!

Very odd indeed. Very passive aggressive behaviour on her part which I cannot stand and why I unfollowed her in the first place.

I find her only really lovely to her fans who are all "omg you're so wonderful and pretty and amazing". Anyone who's not mesmerised with her are automatically "jealous" and "haters". Which is terrible form and why I don't follow her anymore. She has awful pr skills.

And in real life, off the tv/radio, she's actually very rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Meh, I say fair play to her for making money out of writing such mindless drivel. She's not much different from most beauty bloggers/vloggers so I'm confused as to why people are surprised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sineads curvy fashion blog seems to be getting bigger.its the right idea but there's a hint of craving celeb status in it.its all nights out etc lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

She's just had 60,000 followers deleted after Instagram's big spammer deletion the other day. http://instagram.com/SoSueMe_ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Magenta wrote: »
    She's just had 60,000 followers deleted after Instagram's big spammer deletion the other day. http://instagram.com/SoSueMe_ie

She never had 160k, she had 101k last week. I made sure to take a mental note when I heard Instagram was in the process of clearing up bogey followers.

So she only lost a thousand spam followers.

• Advertisement

Her sis put up a picture of herself on Instagram half naked and got loads of comments saying what the hell is she thinking wearing that out in January and in steps sue mouthing off that they're all "jealous haters". The language out of her is disgraceful. Filthy muck. Cheap the pair of them.

Yeah saw her brother commenting threatening them. Family is a class act! All the comments are being removed

Yeah saw her brother commenting threatening them. Family is a class act! All the comments are being removed

Just saw that too. And sue with her "I can handle criticism cos I put myself out there to be judged", ah no ya can't love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How do I keep missing this stuff??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Just read all those comments. Sue needs to calm the hell down. Role model my hole. The language out of her. Her family have obviously never heard of rising above. She really cannot take any form of criticism at all. Why is she in the public eye then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarahoh91

I was never a massive fan of the whole So Sue Me "franchise" but my god have I been put off by Sue's behaviour on that insta post :o I can't believe a pretty high profile blogger who's in the public eye and has a huge following of young impressionable teens would react and comment like that. I know it's her sister that was targeted, but Sue needs to realise that in order to appear professional, she can't wade into this kind of trash talking! It actually sickens me - this is what her young fans will think is the proper way to react to trolls! How about doing the right thing, which is for her sister to keep her page private, block trolls, and ignore comments. Is it really that hard? She's really displaying her true colours and I'd imagine she's losing fans because of it. Disgraceful.

Sarahoh91 wrote: »
    I was never a massive fan of the whole So Sue Me "franchise" but my god have I been put off by Sue's behaviour on that insta post :o I can't believe a pretty high profile blogger who's in the public eye and has a huge following of young impressionable teens would react and comment like that. I know it's her sister that was targeted, but Sue needs to realise that in order to appear professional, she can't wade into this kind of trash talking! It actually sickens me - this is what her young fans will think is the proper way to react to trolls! How about doing the right thing, which is for her sister to keep her page private, block trolls, and ignore comments. Is it really that hard? She's really displaying her true colours and I'd imagine she's losing fans because of it. Disgraceful.

What was Sue saying? She seems to have deleted it all now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarahoh91

"You absolute jealous bitter bitches. You's only wish you looked like her! Jog on you absolute morons."

"Oh shutup like you absolute twat!"

Class act.

Her brother telling girls he seen a better head on a spot and all

If she doesnt want negative comments she should put her profile on private. But then that means she won't get her army of admirers either. She has to learn to take the good with the bad, and getting abusive and nasty isn't the answer. Sue showed her true colours anyway. Rough.

Well at 30 years old speaking to young ones like that, should be ashamed of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Roseyrosie

To be fair, Suzanne and her brother are totally entitled to comment - and you would probably be just as defensive if your younger sibling was being trolled like this. Comments (which you can still see; I can't see any deleted ones) are basically calling her a slut, a prostitute, saying she's "asking for it" and that she has no self respect. Because she's wearing a pair of hotpants. I'd be saying a lot worse if that was my sister!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought these comments were on her own page, they're on her sisters.

I actually think she had every right to reply like that to those comments. They went over the top.

I thought these comments were on her own page, they're on her sisters.

I actually think she had every right to reply like that to those comments. They went over the top.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Not off her money maker page. If you're going to leave your profile open and post photos like that obviously you're going to get nasty people. You'll never have 100% positive comments and the Jackson girls don't seem to realise this. If you can't handle negative comments (like I couldnt) then keep your profile on private.
    Ignore anybody saying nasty stuff, or block and report the users.

Don't have a 30 year old woman jump all over that with her business handle, using awful language and entering into playground "you only hate us because we're so beautiful" type comments.

Every now and again you get the true Suzanne come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

While I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of blogging - one thing I have noticed about the So Sue Me website is that there are little or no comments made by readers on most of the posts on her website. The posts which have comments are really the competitions. But on facebook, her postings have loads of comments. I'm not on instagram but I would imagine it's the same story.
    I suppose I don't really understand that if she is a blogger and her website should be number 1 (no?) - why do people not comment on it? Compared to Buy Now Blog Later whom I love reading, she gets loads of replies to her postings and takes to time to reply to questions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement