Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Sue Me - Book Two

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    While I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of blogging - one thing I have noticed about the So Sue Me website is that there are little or no comments made by readers on most of the posts on her website. The posts which have comments are really the competitions. But on facebook, her postings have loads of comments. I'm not on instagram but I would imagine it's the same story.
    I suppose I don't really understand that if she is a blogger and her website should be number 1 (no?) - why do people not comment on it? Compared to Buy Now Blog Later whom I love reading, she gets loads of replies to her postings and takes to time to reply to questions.

I write a blog (not fashion!) and I have a process in place to prevent spam comments. If I had the blog fully open for easy comments, I would be deluged under spam comments. Instead posters have to complete a captcha before posting. It does deter a lot of genuine posters unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lol at one of the posts on there. It went something like this

Sue - this is a breakdown of the products I love and products I use daily
    Follower - you said in your first book you never used toner as you didn't see the point and now you're saying you use one every day?
    Sue - I have explained this in my second book why I now use a toner.

Lol

She's clearly just plugging river island. Though I won't lie, I'm going to buy that shirt and skirt she wore to dinner yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Roseyrosie

She's clearly just plugging river island. Though I won't lie, I'm going to buy that shirt and skirt she wore to dinner yesterday

That's actually the funniest thing I've ever read!

In terms of pyramids, I think, from her blog, Insta etc, that they go to Egypt quite a lot? She was defo there last year, which may explain doing less touristy things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She screams "my life is better than your life, my hair is better than your hair, my figure is better than your figure, my clothes are better than your clothes, you will never be as gorgeous as me so just look at how fabulous my life is and weep"

I find her extremely vain, and I find vanity extremely unattractive no matter how conventionally pretty you are.

I think she looks like a pony but in an attractive kind of way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Its Sue's world gals, we're just lucky to be having a nosey at it:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

She just put up a picture of her makeup brushes and they look filthy. She said they were just used but I highly doubt that from the state of them.

I love the way she had to get both the Chanel and the LV in the photo. State of them brushes. If it got like that from just being used its a paint roller she needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just had a nosy! Should the brushes look like that? I don't apply foundation with a brush, I use my (clean) fingers so I wouldn't really know. The brushes do remind me a bit of when we were painting the house last year.
    I thought would she not be advocating how to take care of your skin on a flight - plenty of water, plenty of moisturiser, stale airplane air etc etc. While I haven't seen a pic of her after applying the make up, I hardly think being caked in make up (going by the brushes) is the way to fly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just had a nosy! Should the brushes look like that? I don't apply foundation with a brush, I use my (clean) fingers so I wouldn't really know. The brushes do remind me a bit of when we were painting the house last year.
    I thought would she not be advocating how to take care of your skin on a flight - plenty of water, plenty of moisturiser, stale airplane air etc etc. While I haven't seen a pic of her after applying the make up, I hardly think being caked in make up (going by the brushes) is the way to fly!

She does not have the features or bone structure to go without makeup.... very nondescript face. She looks like a different person without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

In fairness to the girl, the duo fibre brushes hold the foundation colour immediately after use. They don't look excessively dirty in my opinion.
    The strategically placed Chanel and LV are funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I'm not big into this girl....don't rate her as a serious fashion blogger or a true stylista but saying that I can see why she appeals to young teen girls.

I do think she looks a bit trashy a lot of the time , too TOWIE esque for my liking and has the potential to look a lot better but she seems to have an eye for some quite garish pieces. Would love to see her look a bit more current and to lose the ridiculous hair extensions and some of the bodycon dresses from boohoo which seems to be her go to look. Sometimes there is overload of designer gear in some of her pics for my taste which doesn't really link in with her target demographic...like what are clearly knock off birkins and a hermes belt on all of her jeans.

She should really indicate when posts are sponsored like most bloggers do as it's hard to take reviews seriously...particularly, the head to toe River Island posts. It would help her credibility as a blogger.

Not trying to knock the girl as she's doing well for herself but it's just not what me or any of my friends are into. I prefer Olivia Palermo (girl crush) and bloggers like Laura from buynowblogater, Pippa O'Connor, Erika Fox from Retro Flame or Louise O'Reilly any day....and I'm 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Love Pippa. She has a touch of class about her and has a way of making you feel like she's one of your friends and is telling you what bargains she got in town today. She's just so normal and down to earth, but she's stunning too. I wouldn't begrudge her one bit of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Maybe it is bit unfair but I find a lot of bloggers boring. There is a lot to be said for high fashion styling and photography. Someone posted here the link to some American thrift blogger that I thought was very original and good. Pippa O'Connor is nice but very safe. The other one is just tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I find a lot of the 'big bloggers' pretty boring, because they're all writing about the same products that they've been given to try out. I don't begrudge them that or their success, but I find my Bloglovin' feed to be very samey at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Magenta wrote: »
    She does not have the features or bone structure to go without makeup.... very nondescript face. She looks like a different person without it

Not a Sue fan at all but I think thats a horrible thing to say about anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

gg2 wrote: »
    Not a Sue fan at all but I think thats a horrible thing to say about anyone

I second this.

Some of the comments from certain posters are just coming across as plain bitchy at this stage.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

alleystar wrote: »
    I second this.

Some of the comments from certain posters are just coming across as plain bitchy at this stage.

Yep, I agree. There was already a warning at the start of this thread.
    dudara wrote: »
    Posters - let's not have this thread go the same direction as the previous thread, where a lot of (frankly) nasty comments were said about a person most of us didn't know.

dudara

Unfortunately it has gone that way, and it has moved away from the subject of her book entirely so I'm going to lock it. This forum isn't the place to be nasty about people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement