Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Podcasts.

• 05-11-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Anybody know any good football podcasts? I listen to Football Weekly and the World Football show on BBC's website, find its a good way to catch on football news I might have missed or wouldn't normally see in the papers. I'd be interested to know of any others that you would recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

There's Second Captains and The Football Ramble.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

The off the ball football section is quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭15Pete

I download 'The Football Show' from Newstalk daily and it has definitely improved my life. It's excellent to listen to on the move, or before going to sleep. I would highly reccomend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd recommend the obvious ones but I know a lot of people are in the same boat where they listened to yer Rambles and yer FW's and got sick of them after a while. For example I now have a 6 webpage restraining order on anything Michael Cox does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Football weekly is crap when Barry Glendenning isn't on it most of the time.

Ken Early is a god of the podcasts imo on Second Captains.

These are the only 2 football ones I listen to really but will definitely look into some suggestions on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Guardian Football Weekly
    BBC Five's The World Football show
    Second Captains

They are the ones I stick with ... Ive tried others but always come back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The World Football Show is so weird, the callers are a special kind of person that not even 606 can compete with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anything with Ken Early on it needs to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Liam O wrote: »

These are the only 2 football ones I listen to really but will definitely look into some suggestions on this thread.

I concur with everything in this post. Please remove yourself from my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liam O wrote: »

Think Glendenning is a bit of a clown to be honest. Prefer it when he's not there.

Listen to Football Weekly and Second Captains. Occasionally listen to the Off the Ball football show one. Used to listen to the Football Ramble but got a bit sick of them all trying so hard to be funny all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any new podcasts people which people are listening to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Any new podcasts people which people are listening to these days?

Graham Hunters podcast is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, The Big Interview is good.

The Blizzard is great for the football nerds, some great stories like when East vs. West Germany in the 74 World Cup.

Football Ramble is just annoying, just lads doing the bantz.

The Game by the Times is probably better than Football Weekly now, but they only do a review show on a Monday as far as I know.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gimmick wrote: »
    Anything with Ken Early on it needs to be avoided.

He gets less annoying the more I listen to him oddly enough. He was excellent on the one they did after Jose got sacked, nailed it more than any other podcast or article.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

K-9 wrote: »
    The Game by the Times is probably better than Football Weekly now, but they only do a review show on a Monday as far as I know.

The one downfall of the The Game is it's so London-centric and by extension the EPL compared to the others. The Football Ramble/Football Weekly are almost phoned in at this stage, so formulaic. They tend to improve strangely in international weeeks because they can't say how Arsenal were great or how Aston Villa/Sunderland lost again.

Not new but Sky's La Liga Weekly is good and for fans of Sid Lowe, the Spanish football podcast where he gets more time than Football Weekly and talk about more than Real/Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

I usually tune in to the Sunday Supplement and if I miss it listen back on the podcast on the sky website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

K-9 wrote: »
    He gets less annoying the more I listen to him oddly enough. He was excellent on the one they did after Jose got sacked, nailed it more than any other podcast or article.

Ken said he was begging to be sacked if I remember rightly..which if you ask me is a load of old cobblers...he was trying to get a reaction by questioning the player's professionalism.

Advertisement