Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Dun Laoghaire - cabinet ROC1_034

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stannman

Any update, Eir reps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

stannman wrote: »
    Any update, Eir reps??
    Hi  stannman,

I'm afraid Al in no longer with us.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I'm afraid this is the most up to date information we have at the minute.

I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Pamela

Thanks for your reply, Pamela!

I've checked out fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when and it says this cabinet is expected to go live on 16th March 2016.

Can you confirm that this is now live or imminent?

Thanks a million
    Stan

Thanks for your reply, Pamela!

I've checked out fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when and it says this cabinet is expected to go live on 16th March 2016.

Can you confirm that this is now live or imminent?

Thanks a million
    Stan
    No problem.

Do you have an active line Stan? Please feel free to PM me the line number & I'll check this. :)

Pamela 

Thanks Pamela - I've PM'd you my phone number.

• Advertisement

New fibre cabinet was added here this week.

Eir reps - do you have an ETA on when this cabinet will go live now that it's physically installed?
    Thanks stannman,

Pamela 

fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ has been updated to say cabinet RC1_034 is now live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ has been updated to say cabinet RC1_034 is now live.

The cabinet I am enquiring about has that too. When you check the eir page does it say e fibre is available? I still don't see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we cannot give a specific time frame of when this will become live.

The most up to date information we have is available online at Eir.ie

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Thanks Ciara for your reply, but this is really weird!

Eir has told us earlier in this thread that the fibrerollout site is where we should go for the most up to date information.

Now that the site finally says the cabinet is live (we have been waiting 2+ years for decent broadband here), you're saying that Eir cannot give a timeframe for when the cabinet will actually go live.

Which begs the question of how accurate and useful the fibrerollout site is, given the information there can't be trusted in this case?

If you can't give a timeframe for when it will go live, can you say when you will be able to give a timeframe?

Thanks
    Stan

• Advertisement

Thanks Ciara for your reply, but this is really weird!

Eir has told us earlier in this thread that the fibrerollout site is where we should go for the most up to date information.

Now that the site finally says the cabinet is live (we have been waiting 2+ years for decent broadband here), you're saying that Eir cannot give a timeframe for when the cabinet will actually go live.

Which begs the question of how accurate and useful the fibrerollout site is, given the information there can't be trusted in this case?

If you can't give a timeframe for when it will go live, can you say when you will be able to give a timeframe?

Thanks
    Stan
    Hi Stan,

The cabinet can be activated however not all lines will always be activated immediately. As each line is individual individual works would need to be carried out on each line.

-Pamela 

So the web site fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ still says that our cabinet is live but the service is not yet available.

For my address, the web site efibre.ie has been saying eir fibre is coming but just has a blank for the availability date...

"Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: "

Can an Eir rep please check for any more news?

We've been waiting years for fast broadband here (without Virgin UPC cable as an alternative option), so keen to get a further update.

Thanks!

Happy to report that this cabinet is now live - got my broadband upgraded this morning. :)

Happy to report that this cabinet is now live - got my broadband upgraded this morning. :)
    That's great to hear stannmanThanks for letting us know! :D

Cheers,
    Pamela 

Advertisement