Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Deep well water problems

• 05-11-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all.
    Can anyone tell me how long it should take for water to come clear on a newly installed well. It was installed 2 months ago and I installed a 1 hp pump 1 month ago and started pumping it. I hour per day and sometimes 2. Then leave it to settle for a few days and pump again but water is still cloudy. I also tried lifting the pump up 20ft thinking that the pump was too near the bottom but no luck. No surface water is running into the well and there is a steel liner running down 36ft to bedrock and then the inside of the bore is lined with plastic pipe from top to bottom. The water is sometimes clear and then all of a sudden becomes cloudy. Can anyone who experienced something like this let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

doniebrien wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Can anyone tell me how long it should take for water to come clear on a newly installed well. It was installed 2 months ago and I installed a 1 hp pump 1 month ago and started pumping it. I hour per day and sometimes 2. Then leave it to settle for a few days and pump again but water is still cloudy. I also tried lifting the pump up 20ft thinking that the pump was too near the bottom but no luck. No surface water is running into the well and there is a steel liner running down 36ft to bedrock and then the inside of the bore is lined with plastic pipe from top to bottom. The water is sometimes clear and then all of a sudden becomes cloudy. Can anyone who experienced something like this let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

As someone who lived with this kind of thing for years. The end solution was to sink the well further down. We told the driller keep going until he goes through limestone. End result is the water is clear and there is so much pressure the water actually comes all the way to the top by itself.

I even did a dissertation on it years back for my degree. You can get filters for this kind of thing and I'm nearly 100% sure there is a grant to help you pay for it. It's a tall blue one about 1.5m high and about 200mm in diameter. A green sand goes into it and that filters the ****e out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 doniebrien

Thanks Cronin_ j
    I find if I run water for half hour at a time and leave for a few hours and run again that water is reasonablally clear but hopefully will come better. As a matter of interest do you know what contaminant is causing the cloudiness in the water?

Advertisement