Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

WTF was I watching a different fight???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭jodaw

Terrible decision and more false hope for Pendred. He is not a UFC level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

30-27? No idea how he won the first round. Can understand 2,3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Holy Jesus!!!! Scandalous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

How did he win that..anonymous decision??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Not sure about that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Home town decision. Shocker.

Dana and Joe laughing about it but I agree with the rest, Pendred will never make it at the top. He'll be done within a year unless the UFC protect him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Jesus I dunno about that. The judges put big emphasis on the TDs.

The other lad won imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Shocked TBH, delighted for him but undeserved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

No way. That was an awful performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Kirby wrote: »
    So don't punch. It's simple. If your striking is sub par, don't stand and trade. Take down every round. It's not pretty and it wont win you fans, but it will win you fights.

That's it, you don't have to be amazing at everything. This wasn't that fight, and while I'm happy Cathal got the win he really didn't deserve it; he was outclassed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Feel bad for Spencer. Not comfortable at all seeing a decision as bad as that, tbh. This is their livelihood, and they're making calls like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Bad judging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

What a robbery i wanted Pendred to win but he clearly lost, disgraceful and some people have the cheek to slag boxing as corrupt same **** with UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Hate to say it but that was a robbery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Joe and Dana saying he was robbed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

thats a joke of a decision, he was owned

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Wow, unbelievable..

Cathal got some voodoo black magic on the judges, bad decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Pendred had his hand up before it was called!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Playing to the Irish crowd, joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

29-28 at a stretch, No way 30-27 madness. Stand up shocking as usual really needs to improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

had him to win a split decision. other fella didn't do enough. hardly scandalous. take-downs all important, will need to improve for his next fight tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

BleacherReport had all 3 rounds to Spencer

Pendred gets the decision to keep the King in good spirits. Seriously its getting more WWE by the day...

Would Jose still fancy fighting Conor in Ireland??? After that if Conor makes the final bell he could get the belt regardless :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Pendred should have been wearing a balaclava!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How 2 judges gave Cathal the first round is a mystery. He was close to being knocked out at one point.

TWO 30-27S? Unbelievable! What a joke. I'm glad he won but that was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What a robbery i wanted Pendred to win but he clearly lost, disgraceful and some people have the cheek to slag boxing as corrupt same **** with UFC.

The judges are an independent body working across different organisations nothing to do with the UFC can't blame them for the poor decisions a good chunk of the same judge in pro boxing too you clearly didn't know that :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Genuinely think you could take anyone with 6 months in any of dublins boxing clubs and they would knock out Pendred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

How 2 judges gave Cathal the first round is a mystery. He was close to being knocked out at one point.

Tbh when I saw his eyes go back in his head I thought there was no way he was gonna win. I thought that through the whole fight, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

BleacherReport had all 3 rounds to Spencer

Not sure what Spencer did to win round 3, I'd have given that one to Cathal as Spencer slowed down terribly and Cathal was at least trying to win the fight. 30-27 is farcical though. Round 1 was definitely Spencer's, no question. Round 2 depends on the judges and how valued the attempted submission was, I'd have given it to Spencer but can see the home advantage there.

Genuinely think you could take anyone with 6 months in any of dublins boxing clubs and they would knock out Pendred

He's been training years at SBG and got a contract in the UFC. Does'nt add up does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

manual_man wrote: »
    had him to win a split decision. other fella didn't do enough. hardly scandalous. take-downs all important, will need to improve for his next fight tho

Totally agree with this! the other guy just wasn't busy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

I can't get over the attempted step, it's a rugby thing which has no practical application to Mma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I can't get over the attempted step, it's a rugby thing which has no practical application to Mma

I thought it threw Spencer off a little actually, so ridiculous it confuses those who haven't seen its like! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jaysus there comes a point where he needs to tone it down a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

will need to improve for his next fight tho

We've been saying that after every Pendred UFC fight though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

A split decision is when one judge gives the fight to the opposite fighter to the other two judges. ...So you were going to disagree with yourself?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

In fairness he could have won the 2nd with takedown and the 3rd was anyones. He score way more hits if you include leg kicks. Not the worst decision ever. Joe was calling it wrong, focusing on head punches. He was right about his head movement and boxing though. Would say shocking but it was the same as all his UFC fights. For health and safety reasons he needs to work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Right, let's go Norman! Looking forward to this fight...going to be interesting. A big chance for him to make a leap forward, will tell us a lot on how he'll do in UFC I think.

Me neither it, was almost slow motion

On the plus side i really hope Pendred is at the Press Conference. The questions would be hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rudiger2.0

I'm a fairly sporadic viewer so I'd be interested to hear what people think Spencer did to win those last two rounds?

He is clearly the better fighter but it seemed like he sat back and let Pendred get in leg kicks and take downs, fruitless as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Tough test for Parke, think he can do it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Jesus, that was embarrassing! Its always terrible to see someone get robbed like that but its just embarrassing when it comes at the hands of an Irishman.

That result was a disgrace. Plain and simple...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think Rogans's commentary made the fight look alot more one sided than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DirkDiggly22

Decisions like that really undermine the integrity of the sport.. You're talking about people's careers here.. What a ridiculous loss that is on Spencer's record.

This is what Nick Diaz was complaining about in previous interviews I think, that the scoring system is flawed and better fighters will continue to lose fights they clearly won because of it.

Nothing against Pendred. Fair play to him being in there, taking them punches and not wilting. But the panel or committee should really either overrule the decision or get them to go at it again, with this fight ruled null/void.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Is the fight streaming anywhere on the net?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

leftism wrote: »
    Jesus, that was embarrassing! Its always terrible to see someone get robbed like that but its just embarrassing when it comes at the hands of an Irishman.

That result was a disgrace. Plain and simple...

Lets not go nuts. disgrace is too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wrong flag there on Norman's card! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement