Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

Delighted for Pendred, keeps grinding out the wins. 1 down 2 to go.

Anyone else very happy to Van Buren get defeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

@MMARoasted: Having drinks with Bill Cosby is a better Decision than that. #UFCBoston

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Hi, do we know when the McGregor fight will start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Jesus I dunno about that. The judges put big emphasis on the TDs.

The other lad won imo

Yeah i think the TDs won it, but he done nothing with most of them. seriously hope he improves his striking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

DrPhilG wrote: »
    We've been saying that after every Pendred UFC fight though...

hey. he's been gettin the job done... give the guy his credit

he's still relatively new to the big time. i don't see him challenging the top brass in the division or anything, but credit where credit's due he's getting good experience and climbing the ladder. a lot he needs to work on - namely speed - if he's not to come unstuck in his next bout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Cathal post a while back he was going to get CM Punk for his first fight and was going to retire him :D:D:D

Sherdog have a thread about Cathal V CM Punk ...

Now, not to say corrupt or anything but could the UFC be feeding Cathal to CM to make him look better and build hype. Cathal seems to think CM would be fed to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think Rogans's commentary made the fight look alot more one sided than it was.

Yeah to be honest Spencer wasn't that great in rounds 2 or 3. Pendred could easily have nicked at least one of those rounds. He clearly won round 1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Bog Butter wrote: »
    Hi, do we know when the McGregor fight will start?

about 5am I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Is it streaming anywhere???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Is it streaming anywhere???

Fightpass. Or is that just preliminaries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Parke shades the first for me

shano_88 wrote: »

close

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Same as that, very close though.

ahh here that kung foo style double kick is pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I never thought I would see a worse tattoo than McGregor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Saipanne wrote: »
    Fightpass. Or is that just preliminaries

Fightpass has the lot. You can pick up a 7-day free trial and just remember to cancel it

A split decision is when one judge gives the fight to the opposite fighter to the other two judges. ...So you were going to disagree with yourself?!

sorry, my bad it's a bit late :) or early :pac: i had Pendred to win 29-28. wasn't pretty but typical Irish begrudgery by many saying it was robbery. Spencer rocked him in the first, but he didn't finish him off and other than that what real damage did he do? not a whole lot. Pendred took him down a number of times (including twice in the first), did good work on Spencer's lead leg, and landed a number of shots of his own. not pretty by any means, but deserved i.m.o.

manual_man wrote: »
    sorry, my bad it's a bit late :) or early :pac: i had Pendred to win 29-28. wasn't pretty but typical Irish begrudgery by many saying it was robbery. Spencer rocked him in the first, but he didn't finish him off and other than that what real damage did he do? not a whole lot. Pendred took him down a number of times (including twice in the first), did good work on Spencer's lead leg, and landed a number of shots of his own. not pretty by any means, but deserved i.m.o.

most people on here are rooting for mcgregor because hes irish despite his personally i dont think "typical irish begrudgery" comes in to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think it could've been scored 29-28 for either fighter. Don't really see the controversy about the outcome...30-27 is a weird one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Parke is paying for not developing a standout skill here

Tibau shading this for me. Parke needs a very strong last round

3rd round will decide it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Trying to learn Portuguese from Tibau's corner. So far I can count down from 10!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

masti123 wrote: »
    about 5am I believe

Should be 4.40am according to schedule i have

Surely Gleison will be slow in the third carrying all that muscle

• Advertisement

Probably 1 all going into the last.

Parke needs a big last round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Somebody with a different opinion doesn't make it "typical irish begrudgery".

Spencer controlled the fight by keeping it as a striking contest. I dare say he landed as many punches as Pendred did leg kicks, including that set of three in the first that rocked him. He resisted the other TD attempts and in my mind he was the aggressor for a big part of it while Cathal was a bit all over the shop. Maybe he didn't do enough, maybe Joe poisoned the opinion of an occasional watcher but there was a lot of talk from everybody here about how sloppy Pendred was, not about how amazing his leg kicks or TDs were. To that end it made for a surprising decision, especially the 30-27 calls

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Is this not a bit harsh? A quick look on twitter and much the MMA media (and not just Irish MMA media) are saying Spencer clearly won the fight. Hardly just Irish people saying it. Nothing to do with "typical Irish begrudgery".

Cannot help but think when looking at this fight. These guys and fairly decent mid tier fighters. I think Joe Duffy could have the tools to beat either of these lads.

Exciting times. Cannot wait to see Joe Duffy

No clinch game from Parke, what exactly is he judo champion of?

• Advertisement

Parke scrapes it for me. Have a feeling the judges might overcompensate for pendred's 'hometown' decision and give it to tibau.

I would give a draw

Parke shades it I think. Close though and not a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Think Parke will get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Tibau 100%

most people on here are rooting for mcgregor because hes irish despite his personally i dont think "typical irish begrudgery" comes in to it

well look, personally i don't see any scandal, it was a closely fought fight and i had Pendred nicking it for the reasons i've already outlined. Rogan's commentary was awful i.m.o. and not a true reflection at all on how the fight went, perhaps that influenced how some people viewed the outcome, perhaps not, Pendred won ugly but he won and that's everything, doesn't matter how 'slick' you are once you get the job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I think parke lost the second and won third. First round could go either way.

Hopefully parke but the judges seem to favour takedowns tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

Damn, unlucky Parke.

Hall to win this in the first hopefully.

• Advertisement

Hall to win this in the first hopefully.

Yeah I wouldn't mind three quick finishes then off to bed

that was a really cool silva-diaz ad

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DirkDiggly22

Look, fair play to CP. I'd happily throw my hands up and say most of what I know from any fight comes from the commentary.. Just seemed like Spencer clearly demonstrated himself to be the better fighter early on, and Pendred offered little in terms of a response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

I try and support mcgregor as he's Irish and then he opens his mouth. I'd still rather see him win but he's hard to listen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Lads what is Joe Duffy at these days? He took a detour to pro boxing for a while but returned to MMA aswell last year again didn't he?

Any chance we might see him in UFC in the future?

Lads what is Joe Duffy at these days? He took a detour to pro boxing for a while but returned to MMA aswell last again didn't he?

He signed a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lads what is Joe Duffy at these days? He took a detour to pro boxing for a while but returned to MMA aswell last again didn't he?

Signed about 2/3 weeks ago!! interesting times ahead for him

Lads what is Joe Duffy at these days? He took a detour to pro boxing for a while but returned to MMA aswell last year again didn't he?

Yes hes signed

Think Joe Duffy could be our best hope of a second proper star

• Advertisement

I try and support mcgregor as he's Irish and then he opens his mouth. I'd still rather see him win but he's hard to listen to

i agree with you its cringeworthy but at the same time its done wonders for him when it comes to building his profile so you kind of cant blame him

Advertisement