Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads wats the best site to buy these tomorrow, ticketmaster?? guy in boston after lettin me down so may get them myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

UFC Fight Night Boston Ticket presale is today! Use code: UFCSOCIAL. http://on.ufc.com/1yNG42X

• Registered Users Posts: 14 peterkel

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lads wats the best site to buy these tomorrow, ticketmaster?? guy in boston after lettin me down so may get them myself..

Ya, ticketmaster is where you will get them. You don't have to wait till tomorrow though, just select the ticket type as presale tickets and use the code BOSTON

SevereMMA wrote: »
    UFC Fight Night Boston Ticket presale is today! Use code: UFCSOCIAL. http://on.ufc.com/1yNG42X

Thanks, but when it asks me for an email and a password it says the dont match even though im creating an account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Thanks, but when it asks me for an email and a password it says the dont match even though im creating an account?

You dont need to create an account just go to here and put in the pre sale code - http://www.ticketmaster.com/ufc-fight-night-boston-massachusetts-01-18-2015/event/01004D6AB90046CF?artistid=806762&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=830

Theres loads of tickets left at all price ranges.

Thanks but its when i have the tickets picked i then have to sign in or create account, when i try create account it wont let me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Thanks but its when i have the tickets picked i then have to sign in or create account, when i try create account it wont let me

Just went all the way through to try a dummy order and i was able to get to the card details section but i already had an account, maybe try create an account off there main home page?

It let me in when i left the country as united states, but then when i put in credit card details its looking for which state im in! if i leave it as ireland it says error

• Registered Users Posts: 14 peterkel

It let me in when i left the country as united states, but then when i put in credit card details its looking for which state im in! if i leave it as ireland it says error

Make sure on the delivery page that you click other country as well, the page where you have to click on the e tickets tab, caught me out when i did it first and click other country when your registering as well, it should work then.

• Advertisement

peterkel wrote: »
    Make sure on the delivery page that you click other country as well, the page where you have to click on the e tickets tab, caught me out when i did it first and click other country when your registering as well, it should work then.

Thanks ill try later cant even get into where you pick your seat now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Where will the weigh ins be held & how do you go about getting tickets for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Craige30 wrote: »
    I was at the last event in Boston and the fighters made their entrance beside section 14. Although, for the main event, 1 fighter came out by section 14 and the other by section 20

Got tickets for this event in section 14 so am hoping its the same as the last time.

Nice one! See u there man! We're in seats 12-14!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoki wrote: »
    Where will the weigh ins be held & how do you go about getting tickets for it ?

They might be at the venue, or a convention centre nearby. You can usually apply for tickets during fight week, but it could also be a first come first served deal on the day. Fight club often gets preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Mellor wrote: »
    They might be at the venue, or a convention centre nearby. You can usually apply for tickets during fight week, but it could also be a first come first served deal on the day. Fight club often gets preference.

I bought 5 tickets with FC, assume I will be entitled to 5 weigh in tickets?

Should be no problem getting 5, buy it's not automatic. You'll still have to apply/queue up etc, depending on what the process is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Craige30

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Nice one! See u there man! We're in seats 12-14!

No bother at all

We're in row 4, seats 10 and 11

Finally got these this morning, section 13 row 8 so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cant remember too many events in the US that were ticketed for weigh-ins. They're normally first come queuing with FC members allowed early entry and bring one guest with each membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

new to the forum lads hows it going.

4 of us heading over on the friday - heading to the celtics game they are playing bulls. loads of tickets left.
    tickets for bruins on the saturday are very expensive
    also for the sunday night, got 4 tickets Bal301 row 6.

bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

new to the forum lads hows it going.

4 of us heading over on the friday - heading to the celtics game they are playing bulls. loads of tickets left.
    tickets for bruins on the saturday are very expensive
    also for the sunday night, got 4 tickets Bal301 row 6.

bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Any idea of the Fighter's Hotel ?...Im staying at The Onyx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

I thought the weigh in was included in the ticket already? Are ye sure you have to buy another ticket for weigh in? Also I thought weigh in was same venue as the fight? Make sense if it was but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

PIMPHO wrote: »
    I thought the weigh in was included in the ticket already? Are ye sure you have to buy another ticket for weigh in? Also I thought weigh in was same venue as the fight? Make sense if it was but I could be wrong.

weighins are free. fight club members get in early then first come first served for general public

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Cant remember too many events in the US that were ticketed for weigh-ins. They're normally first come queuing with FC members allowed early entry and bring one guest with each membership.

It was always a queue here in Oz. Bit they made this years event ticketed.
    There's gonna be a high percent of fans flying in for this one so may well be ticketed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

There's gonna be a high percent of fans flying in for this one so may well be ticketed also.

By ticketed do you mean a Ticketmaster job or a local ticket office at the venue type of thing? How did people get tickets for the Oz card & how soon before the event were they on sale? So many questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I wouldn't use international events as an indicator, I've been to a number of events over here in the US and haven't seen or heard of them ticketing them. They really love their queuing for stuff over here.

Sure we'll see what happens.

People heading over for McGregor/Siver who have an interest in basketball the Celtics are playing on the Friday night in TD Garden or anyone into Ice Hockey the bruins are playing on the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Just been told my seat locations from ClickandGo, 2nd row floor BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone know for definite what time the main card will be kicking off, Irish time? I know the fight nights normally kick off around 2/3am, but I thought I heard that this one is kicking off a bit earlier than usual?

dulux99 wrote: »
    Anyone know for definite what time the main card will be kicking off, Irish time? I know the fight nights normally kick off around 2/3am, but I thought I heard that this one is kicking off a bit earlier than usual?

Time isn't confirmed yet.
    Will be soon I'd say

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »

It's an east coast card so main card should start around 1am Irish time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'd be confident the main card wont start until 3am in Ireland.
    AFC final will be on before this and that kicks off at 6.30pm eastern time and won't be over until 9.30pm which is 2.30am at home.

The UFC is on straight after it. That's the whole reason McGregor is fighting on the Sunday to get the exposure from the crowd that will leave Fox on after the NFC and AFC finals finish.

Fromvert wrote: »
    AFC final will be on before this and that kicks off at 6.30pm local time and won't be over until 9.30pm which is 2.30am at home.

The UFC is on straight after it. That's the whole reason McGregor is fighting on the Sunday to get the exposure from the crowd that will leave Fox on after the NFC and AFC finals finish.

That would mean people would be in the arena past midnight which won't be happening. The event start time is 6pm eastern which is 11pm Irish time. It's the same as the last Boston card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's on the same channel as the NFC and AFC finals so it'll have to be on at 10pm local time.

Makes no sense otherwise.

It's on the same channel as the NFC and AFC finals so it'll have to be on at 10pm local time.

Makes no sense otherwise.

If it's on at 10pm maybe it will have a bigger card. 12 fights so far maybe the extra fights is to make up for extra time needed to get past the NFL.

This answers our main card start time question.

UFC-Fight-Night-59-Fight-Poster.jpg

Time isn't confirmed yet.
    Will be soon I'd say
    that didn''t take long :D:D
    AFC final will be on before this and that kicks off at 6.30pm eastern time and won't be over until 9.30pm which is 2.30am at home.
    Nice guess
    ciano316 wrote: »
    That would mean people would be in the arena past midnight which won't be happening. The event start time is 6pm eastern which is 11pm Irish time. It's the same as the last Boston card.
    Not so much...

that didn''t take long :D:D

Nice guess

Not so much...

Poster has been out a while I was just going off last Boston event times on UFC website, seems the card will be a longer card than usual since ticketmaster says doors open at 6pm. Probably to get the main card past the NFL like the other lad said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

What do the UFC do to Conor if he gets smothered by siver?

Same thing happened to Pettis against Guida and he had to clock up another three or four wins before he got his shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Same thing happened to Pettis against Guida and he had to clock up another three or four wins before he got his shot

I'd imagine if he does lose he'll move to Lightweight. Can't see Siver beating him though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Doubt he'll move to lightweight.

That's an absolute murderer's row over there

Doubt he'll move to lightweight.

That's an absolute murderer's row over there

He has said all along that he plans to move to Lightweight, He prefers it and has said in past interviews that he hopes to move up in 2015.

Poster has been out a while I was just going off last Boston event times on UFC website,
    I only seen the poster on facebook jsut after I posted. But looks like its been around a few days.
    THe UFC website doesn't have any time up for the Boston event. Still says "TBA ET/PT"

Most likely the same as Pettis.
    He'll neeed to fight a FW outside the top 10. A guy like Lentz, and then a guy like Cub or Lamas.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    He has said all along that he plans to move to Lightweight, He prefers it and has said in past interviews that he hopes to move up in 2015.

But the general idea is he'll move up after the belt. One setback won't make him abandon the title chase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Has anyone any tips for reasonably priced hotels in Boston? Thx!

Anybody have a route for getting back to Ireland from Boston before 6am on the Tuesday ?? Preferably leaving Boston early Monday

The missus aint too pleased Im going in the first place, but a Sat-Tues is a bit much... The kids will feel abandoned :-p

• Advertisement

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Anybody have a route for getting back to Ireland from Boston before 6am on the Tuesday ?? Preferably leaving Boston early Monday

The missus aint too pleased Im going in the first place, but a Sat-Tues is a bit much... The kids will feel abandoned :-p

I have one seat left, will expect €10 for diesel.

lol, cheers :)

Man Ill probably have to bail out so if I cant get back on the Monday - bought ticket in haste :(

Ill have spare ticket if anyone is stuck closer to the time...face-value €90

Section LOGE4 Row 9 Seat XX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If it's on at 10pm maybe it will have a bigger card. 12 fights so far maybe the extra fights is to make up for extra time needed to get past the NFL.

Ah Christ. Very long night for those of us in work at 9am the next day!

Stuxnet wrote: »
    lol, cheers :)

Man Ill probably have to bail out so if I cant get back on the Monday - bought ticket in haste :(

Ill have spare ticket if anyone is stuck closer to the time...face-value €90

Section LOGE4 Row 9 Seat XX

Aer Lingus fly direct. You should be able to pick up a monday flight that gets you in monday night/tuesday morning (kids in bed obviously)

Aer Lingus fly direct. You should be able to pick up a monday flight that gets you in monday night/tuesday morning (kids in bed obviously)

ya i know, I was saying a few posts up, getting back as late as Tuesday, albeit Tuesday morning is a deal breaker for me unfortunately :(

damn you ufc...should of kept event on a Saturday as normal :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement