Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I thought the other one was good, His chest tatoo in green white and orange

Ya thought that would be his walkout one but reebok shows what each tee is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The last remnants of your mother's feces from last night.

Mod: Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

I think it's hilarious to see all the haters come out around a McGregor fight.

I swear, people just love to grass on like they know something everyone else doesn't.

The irony is that if you have any decent knowledge of the sport, it's pretty clear why Conor is being hyped like he is. Yeah, yeah, he hasn't been tested against an American D1 wrestler, and in time we'll see if his stance and movement are enough to stop Mendes' single leg.

But if you think that he doesn't deserve the attention he is getting for what he's done so far, you need to look closer. If you are trying to look smart, it's backfiring.

We have a hyper-enigmatic sportsman at the very elite level of a fantastic sport who's from just down the road. Why not just enjoy the ride?

The Sherdog forums really are fkin hilarious though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

G'wan Grigor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Who cares if he's humble or what way he speaks or talks.

He is great to watch in a ring, Jesus people really have issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya thought that would be his walkout one but reebok shows what each tee is for.

It's gas looking through the various McGregor t-shirts. Whoever makes the website has used the same picture of a girl in a black t-shirt and (badly) photoshopped all the various logos and stuff onto the picture. At times, the photoshopped text and logos even go over the edges. Surprisingly amatuerish from such a big brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Must say he looks drained obviously because of the weight cut, but looks worst than his other fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Anyone know if there will be radio commentary on any station. Would like to listen through Tune In if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Must say he looks drained obviously because of the weight cut, but looks worst than his other fights.

This is incomprehensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone know if there will be radio commentary on any station. Would like to listen through Tune In if possible.

Very doubtful, hate to be commentator on a Diaz fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Did anyone see the weigh in? McGregor was classless again. I just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

What time is the first fight on BT Sports at ? Would like to watch the whole show ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the aldo Q&A is embarrassing to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

14murphy wrote: »
    What time is the first fight on BT Sports at ? Would like to watch the whole show ?

Prelims start at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

14murphy wrote: »

The prelims start at 12am. You'll see Holohan and Pendred on the Prelims, then Parke opens the main card with Conor finishing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

FightPass Prelims at 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Paddy Power has the estimated fight times for each fight as.

Patrick Holohan 1am Irish Time

Cathal Pendred 2:30am

Conor McGregor 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

i just dont like conor.far too cocky..just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm more excited to see Paddy fight I think! Absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Did anyone see the weigh in? McGregor was classless again. I just don't get it.

There was absolutely no need for that sh1t at the end of the staredown

Talking sh1t to sell a fight is grand but he came across like a right dickhead at the weigh in

Siver seems to be a gent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 conorGOAT

I hope Dana has sourced a good cleaning crew because tonight could get messy during the main even (public execution).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Talking sh1t to sell a fight is grand but he came across like a right dickhead at the weigh in

Siver seems to be a gent

It's gamesmanship. Whilst we might want them to be squeaky clean Knights it just isn't the case. All mcgregor wants is to win, he gets more money that way, so he'll do anything to get under the skin of his opponent. All the power to him.

Siver seems to be a gent

Siver is a gent alright,known cheat who uses performance enhancing drugs while fighting in the octagon when serious injury is a huge danger,gent alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

yipeeeee wrote: »

I thought he looked worse for the brandao weigh in.

• Advertisement

I reckon all the main event media obligations didnt help the cut but he still made 145 at the end of the day,He will be about 160 Id say coming into the octagon tonight and full of energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

conorGOAT wrote: »
    I reckon all the main event media obligations didnt help the cut but he still made 145 at the end of the day,He will be about 160 Id say coming into the octagon tonight and full of energy.

I don't have a clue of this weigh in craic but how will he get up to 160 so quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I'm wanting to watch the whole thing tonight/this morning but just want to make 100% sure this is the best way to go?

http://uk.ufc.com/faq-ufctv-ufcfightpass#FightPassCost

There are no restrictions on Irish viewers (don't see any?)?

I don't have a clue of this weigh in craic but how will he get up to 160 so quick?

Load up on the right foods and liquids to hydrate the body,certain amout of carbs ect and correcting sugar levels would be done so he wont be just gorging on food but I be shocked if he wasnt 160ish by tonight.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I'm wanting to watch the whole thing tonight/this morning but just want to make 100% sure this is the best way to go?

http://uk.ufc.com/faq-ufctv-ufcfightpass#FightPassCost

There are no restrictions on Irish viewers (don't see any?)?

If you've never used FightPass before start the Free 7 day trial to right on homepage http://www.ufc.tv/page/fightpass cancel before end of trial if you don't want to continue it/get billed.

There won't be restrictions to answer your question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Load up on the right foods and liquids to hydrate the body,certain amout of carbs ect and correcting sugar levels would be done so he wont be just gorging on food but I be shocked if he wasnt 160ish by tonight.

Ah I see. What's the limit he could be for the weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

McGregor looked like he had a tough weight cut, could really see it in him when he was doing that interview with Ariel Helwani. Really hope he demolishes Siver tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

is the fight live on BT1 Tonight?
    cheers

If you've never used FightPass before start the Free 7 day trial to right on homepage http://www.ufc.tv/page/fightpass cancel before end of trial if you don't want to continue it/get billed.

I am having a terrible time registering. I have two credit cards-both in good standing--but it keeps telling me the numbers are invalid. Weird. Never had a problem with anything online before.

I've contacted UFC Livehelp but don't think they go online til the start of the event. Bummer :(

Edit::: Nevermind. The Problem was the apostrophe in my name haha.....removed it and all is well-I'm IN :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

If he does lose tonight, what are the reprucusions on his career? Will he ever get to contend for the belt? Or will he fizzle out? Don't know enough about the sport to predict myself

Ah I see. What's the limit he could be for the weigh in?

146 is allowed for non title fights so a pound over but with a title on the line its 145,if you miss they give you an hour I think to lose the last bit if your not far off.

If he does lose tonight, what are the reprucusions on his career? Will he ever get to contend for the belt? Or will he fizzle out? Don't know enough about the sport to predict myself

There is more of a chance of elvis appearing cage side than him losing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I am having a terrible time registering. I have two credit cards-both in good standing--but it keeps telling me the numbers are invalid. Weird. Never had a problem with anything online before.

I've contacted UFC Livehelp but don't think they go online til the start of the event. Bummer :(

My friend was having the same issue. He got it working using the phone app to sign up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

is the fight live on BT1 Tonight?
    cheers

sure is

12-5.30
    main card starts at 3

I hope your right! ANYTHING can happen in MMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

McGregor strikes me as being more humble than people give him credit for. The showmanship is all part of making money, and I really don't understand why people begrudge him that when he basically puts his wellbeing on the line every time he steps in the octagon. It makes complete sense for him to milk such a short career. He's entertaining, talented and works his ass off. I have **** all to lose by supporting him. I hope he goes all the way to world champion and rattles every cage on his way there.

I hope your right! ANYTHING can happen in MMA

Very true,I thought Barao couldnt lose against dillashaw and he got finished,if Conor lost tonight I'd say he'd consider a move up to a bigger weight 155 or else have a huge comeback who knows really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Another fightpass virgin here! Debating getting it tonight. Just have a quick question; are fightpass live streams generally reliable (no dropouts, etc) considering the amount of traffic they must get in fights like this?

I've always avoided online live streams as have found them to be very poor, but presumably with high speed internet on my end it will be as good as watching it on TV seeing as it's a paid service? Don't want to stay up for this only to be frustrated beyond belief when it doesn't work properly. :D

Very true,I thought Barao couldnt lose against dillashaw and he got finished,if Conor lost tonight I'd say he'd consider a move up to a bigger weight 155 or else have a huge comeback who knows really.

Looking at the guys in 155, they all look huge, McGregor looks a bit small to me for that division. I think Norman Parke & Cerrone look bigger then most Welterweights!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I can appreciate that but what if he picks another leg injury up? Misses a punch and takes a head shot? So what will happen career wise? What number will he drop to?

If you can answer the question I would appreciate it.

My friend was having the same issue. He got it working using the phone app to sign up

Thanks. In case you missed my edit above (or for anyone else thinking of registering tonight) my problem was including the apostrophe in my name. When I removed that it went through fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

McGregor strikes me as being more humble than people give him credit for. The showmanship is all part of making money, and I really don't understand why people begrudge him that when he basically puts his wellbeing on the line every time he steps in the octagon. It makes complete sense for him to milk such a short career. He's entertaining, talented and works his ass off. I have **** all to lose by supporting him. I hope he goes all the way to world champion and rattles every cage on his way there.

Exactly how I feel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw no, just read that the foosball commentators are calling him 'The Irish Muhammad Ali'. That's awful cringey even when Conor told a few US media people he didn't care for the comparison.

I hope im badly wrong but I think pendred is going to get lit up like a christmas tree tonight if he stands and trades his striking is so poor IMO his only way of winning is grinding it out with his wrestling.

• Advertisement

Standman wrote: »
    Another fightpass virgin here! Debating getting it tonight. Just have a quick question; are fightpass live streams generally reliable (no dropouts, etc) considering the amount of traffic they must get in fights like this?

I've always avoided online live streams as have found them to be very poor, but presumably with high speed internet on my end it will be as good as watching it on TV seeing as it's a paid service? Don't want to stay up for this only to be frustrated beyond belief when it doesn't work properly. :D

From my experience highly reliable chance the info I posted to access free trial and try it out, the FP prelims start at 11 so you'll get to know then what kind of success you'll have with it, as you say you've decent internet I can't see you having any issues.

Advertisement